3 lumps

Posted , 2 users are following.

My first lump appeared on the leg, about 2 years ago, then few months later a similar one appeared on the neck. I went to the docotor and then to a dermatologist who just looked at those 2 lumps and said they're not dangerous, but if they begin to hurt they need to be removed (infection I guess). This month another similar lump has shown on my chest (diameter about 1cm). They're hard to touch, but don't hurt/itch or bleed. They're under skin, this new one has red color, older 2 don't have color (maybe it has color because I touch it all the time). Is there any explanation what this could be, I don't remember what the docotor said a year ago some kind of tumor but I don't know which, I'm also scared because of this new one that grew on chest,could I be in trouble?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Lipoma mostlikely.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, I noticed that I may even have 2 new ones, one at jaw (firstly appeared to be acne, but now I'm not sure) and second few centimeters above the one on the chest.For now the one on chest looks red and hurts if I squeeze it (olders don't). What could be the cause of it? I read that cancer spreads to other parts of body  so could this be possible for me sad ? Tho doctor said it's not dangerous, but now I'm getting new ones. What could be the cause? I work out 3 times per week, funny today I did some dumbell pullovers (chest exercsie) and now got this new growth on chest. Probably just a coincidance. 

• Posted

Here they are.

On the leg: impossible to see, no color under skin (doesn't hurt at all)

On the chest (close to throat), red color, something similar next to it but it doesn't seem like a growth/lump, it's just on surface. There is also a very small lump lower down the chest but impossible to see so I didn't take a shot of it. The lower one appeared one day before this new red one.

Last one on the jaw, similar to the one on chest, I have it for about a week or less. 

Hope it helps, thanks again for caring. 

• Posted

The red ones are folliculitis - a skin condition very similar to acne (different bug, different distribution, not just teenagers).

The one on your leg could be a lipoma or a lymph node. If its squishy - lipoma. If its rubbery - lymph node.

• Posted

The one on leg seems hard so most likely rubbery to touch. Will those red ones go away on its own? How long will they last. Any way to care/cure them?
    • Posted

They will go away on their own.

If you want a cream/gel - go to your pharmacy and ask for 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide cream/gel.

The one on your leg is something totally different - you need to watch it - if its getting bigger - go back and see your doctor.

• Posted

Benzoyl Peroxide to treat the red spots - not the thing on your leg.
    • Posted

Alright, I have a similar bump on the back of the neck too, similar to this on the leg. I have them for about 2-3 years and they don't seem to change. Doctor said they are not harmful but he just looked at them and touched them, no tests or anything. But I've give blood when we went on tests with school so they probably checked it I guess.

• Posted

They're lymph nodes most likely - without feeling them myself, I can't be sure.

In many people young thin people you can feel them - they don't worry us unless they're getting bigger. If you've had them for 2/3 years - that's not worrying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.