Skip to content

Dermatology

Also known as Bed Sores, Bowen's Disease, Chilblains, Ecthyma, Epidermoid Cysts, Erythema, Ganglion, Impetigo, Keloid Scar, Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome, Leg Ulcers, Lipomas, Moles, Pemphigus and Pemphigoid, Pityriasis Lichenoides, Pityriasis Versicolor, Port-wine Stain, Pressure Sores, Prurigo Nodularis, Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Rashes, Sebaceous Cysts, Skin Conditions, Solar Keratosis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Sweets Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, Ulcer - Leg, Venous Leg Ulcers

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My mother scratch her all over her body

It has been about a year that sometimes my mother scratch her body so bad and i can see something like insect bites on her body. She visited lots of doctors and none of them could help. And my last hope was doctors from another countries so I found this website.  When my mother scratch her …

Last reply
  • Morning itching, no rash?

For a few days I have had itching on the tops of my feet, ankles, shins, hips, front of knees and tops of hands. There is no rash and no redness unless scratched. No track marks or blister or pimple looking spots. The itching starts in the morning and lasts into the early afternoon. It comes back, …

Last reply
  • Darker patch on foot

So I’ve had a slight dark mark on my foot for little over a year, I didn’t think much of it at first as I thought it might just be bruising from tight shoes, however It hasn’t gone down at all and has actually got a bit larger dispite getting new shoes, what do you guys think am I over thinking is …

Last reply
  • Red bumps on inner thigh

I’ve got these red bumps on my inner thighs and going slightly down the inside of my legs, it doesn’t look like a rash more like little moles? The have no head on them like a pimple. They’re pretty spaced out but some are in groups of two/three.  They’re not painful or itchy.  Any advice …

Posted
  • Weird rash on 3yr old

My 3yr old daughter started with few spots 2 weeks ago on her knee, and they started spreading up towards chest, i asked doctor they said its probably just heat so don't worry as we recently been having extremely hot weather. However 2 weeks on and now is looking like nettle rash sting and …

Posted
  • Tinea Versicolor white patches not going away??

Hi guys! Im hoping to find some help here since I have no clue whats happening with me. This winter I noticed many white spots that also form larger patches on my upper back and shoulders. Not inchy or rash like, just flat, more like loss of pigment. I was 100 % this was Tinea …

Last reply
  • Lipomas .."I have lots of them"...some characterstics

it all started with one small "egg" on dorsal side of my right forearm when I was 16 i guess. Gradually, I started to increase in size...was bit scary...but eventually I realised..It stopped. I was happy for  a while till i discovered another on mirror copy on left forearm. I dont …

Last reply
  • Irritated Philtrum (Lip) with red flaky skin

A small but definitive localized spot above my lip (philtrum) has been red, flaking, in pain, and at times a little bit itchy since January. It has never fully healed for a long period of time, and has always required some sort of lubricant in order to keep it from drying out, flaking, and turning …

Last reply
  • Unusual red bumps on skin. What could this be?

Hello there! The three of us went on to a cruise ship and decided to sleep in the cabin. We all started realizing that we’ve been getting strange red bumps on our skin, in different areas clustered together. Description: Sudden Near thighs, buttocks,  and feet.  Clustered  Red, …

Posted
  • Expert Advise Needed: Anal Rash / Blister

Initially I felt tensed muscles around my anal sphincter that I though might be early signs of constipation. However after 2 days it felt like I was getting rashes around my anal region because of the intense summer heat in the Middle east, which is a common issue during these months. However, …

Posted
  • I have had prurigo nodularis for 11 years. I have had ti...

I have had prurigo nodularis for 11 years. I have had times when it has gone completely but as soon as i came home it started to return. Then 2 years ago i was back in hospital with an attack of crohns, PN just as bad, with all the drugs in me. It started to go again, but you guessed it, it came …

Last reply
  • Rash on temple area

About 4 months ago I noticed a rash begin to develop on either side of my face, specifically around the temple area and just outside of my hairline.  It started on the right side then appeared on the left, and began spreading locally around the temple area for about a week.  It started as …

Last reply
  • Sudden full body skin rash and hives

Hi, this is my first post ever on a health forum as luckily I'm quite a healthy guy. I'm 20, 5'7", and 145lbs, run, play rugby and go to the gym several days a week. My only unhealthy habit is my drinking - probably consume 35-50 units in a week, which I know is far too much. My …

Last reply
  • Looking for cause/treatment for warts/growth on hands and feet

Age: 20 Sex: Male Height: 5'8" Weight: 190 Medications: Neupogen Smoking Status: Yes, Smoker Previous/Current Medical Issues: Low white blood cell and neutrophil count, previously diagnosed with possible WHIM syndrome, later revisited through bloodwork that points to LGL Leukimia …

Last reply
  • red/brown skin patch

Hello, I'm 25 year old man and I've noticed a color change in my upper right crotch 1-2 years ago. I have no pain, it's not itchy, but it looks like that red area is wider than before. Does anyone have idea what it could be?

Last reply
  • Small fluid filled sacs on sons face?!

My 9 yo son has been getting these small fluid filled sacs appearing on his face for the past few days. It starts as a small bump clearly filling up with liquid (blister like), getting three times the size in the matter of hours, popping and then scabbing over. I have been using acv and aloe and …

Last reply
  • I need help getting rid of a rash on my chest

I've had a rash for about a year now.. I didn't think anything of it but its slowly been spreading. Its itchy and red. This is a picture of it. Hopefully it helps Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users …

Posted
  • Skin scaling and peeling under lower lip

For the past few months on and off, I've had the skin just under my lower lip just start peeling badly over and over including a bit of swelling. It's unsightly and the only thing that I can tell makes it happen more quickly is eating certain fast foods, actually within a few minutes. But …

Last reply
  • Bumps

I've had alot of bumps and sometime they get infected. I've been to dermatologists and family doctor before and none could figure it out but give me antibiotics that dont help. It's been years at least 4 years and no solution. I get them my thighs, between them and now they are starting …

Last reply
  • Black spot on upper back

Black spot on upper back Iv just noticed a small black spot on my upper back- it looks like a very dark pimple I've just had an outbreak of hives, I'm wondering if it possibly could just be an olf hive that is a strange colour? Anyone experience this before?

Last reply
  • Sticky/Waxy skin

Hi all, My skin gets incredibly sticky/greasy/waxy when wet, it’s  becoming impossible to shower, shave and wash hands etc I’ve had it progressively for about 4 years now. I go through 4 towels to get dry after washing but my skin ends up sore also because of the sticky film. Feel it around …

Last reply
  • Weird things around my shoulder and chest

Hello guys, thank you for reading my post. I went to professional dermatologists, and went to doctor. They do not know what this is. One prescribed me antibiotics, other one started giving me shots with hormones on those bumps. And so far it is been like this no change. I continued with the …

Last reply
  • Rash on penis

I have just noticed some small rushes on my penis head. What could be the issue? Just on the head

Last reply
  • Dry lips

Hello new here but for a while now my lips have always felt dry and kinda chapped and I have this kinda different color  that comes on my bottom lips and then if I lick it and wipe it goes away then it comes back a few min later i don’t know what it could be I have tried lip balm from local …

Last reply
  • Waking up with itchy hands/rash.

For the past 2 mornings I’ve been waking up and everything is normal, but about 10 minutes after waking up my hands begin to itch. Redness between fingers, and low raised hives begin to appear on my hands and wrists. I take Benadryl immediately and it goes away. 

Last reply
  • Multiple Mole Changes

Hi, I had a mole removed 2 years ago but was told no news is good news. So I never thought about it again. Over the past year I have seen multiple moles change. They don't look like a cause for concern but I always here it is if they change that I should seek advice. The most drastic change is …

Last reply
  • INNER THIGH HAS A RASH

I recently noticed red bumps on my inner thigh. Some little white bumps here and there. It itched earlier in the week and subsided after I applied cortisone. Anyone know if this is a common rash or something serious? I would also like to point out I started cycling last week but find it strange it’ …

Posted
  • I started suffering from a leg ulcer, just above my ankl...

I started suffering from a leg ulcer, just above my ankle, about a year ago, I visited my GP at first, who refered me to our District Nurses Clinic, who treated my condition well, and it nearly healed but I was then refered to an hospital specilist, by my diabetes doctor. The specilist said it was …

Last reply
  • 7years old keloid suggest removal solution

Hello, when I was 14 years old I got a pimple on my left shoulder which later developed into a keloid. It became 5times the size of an usual pimple so I was taken to a doctor and he injected the area with cortisone 40ml injection. With three sittings in three months I was left with a big depth in …

Last reply
  • Possible melanoma?

Hello, I have rough and darkened patch of skin on my upper back just below the neck. I visited the GP who suggested it may just be pigmentation from an old wound or spot (not their excact words) and was advised to try an anti-fungul cream. As I have noticed this patch increase in size and become …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.