Skip to content
Ad

Dermatology

Also known as Bowen's Disease, Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome, Moles, Pemphigus and Pemphigoid, Port-wine Stain, Prurigo Nodularis, Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Rashes, Skin Conditions, Solar Keratosis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Sweets Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Omair Omair

Molluscum contagiosum post treatment

So I had molluscum contagiosum on the shaft of my penis and I treated it with Apple cider vinegar. It kinda started scabbing and fell off a week kater but now there's a bump on where the molluscum was. It's like a scar with a fresh pink skin. I wanna know if it's normal or of the molluscum...

• brit01 brit01

Oily Hair

I'm a 58 y/o female, post menopause.. I've had relatively dry skin all my life, never had problem with grease or oily skin/hair. Nowadays, I've been noticing that my hair has been getting oily as well as my skin. I've tried different shampoos as well. Has anyone experienced oily skin/hair...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mole

I'm 16. My mole on the lower back started to hurt if I touch it. There is also a red ring around it and it feels a bit hard to touch. It's dark-brown color and it is circle-shaped. I know some symtoms show to melanoma and I'm wondering if it could be something else or am I dead

Last reply
  • Light spots on forehead

Hello, I've been exposed to sun in the last week or so, however an area on my forehead around the hairline and a patch slightly lower down is a different colour to the rest of my forehead. It isn't white but a lighter pinker shade to the brown forehead. I've read some articles, I'm not...

Last reply
  • could this be std or just rash

Hi, 3 days ago i had a sudden rash and i scratch myself in my pelvic area alot!, the next day when i was in the shower it hurts and i took a look and it was all red, took a couple of pics and found even injuries, could this be caused due to the scratch or should i be worried of an std? i havent had sex...

Last reply
  • Skin problems. Help please?

I really need some help because my skin is causing me to feel very depressed. It always had, but lately it's all I can think about.  I am a 32 year old woman, with a BMI of 23.6 and PCOS. I do believe I have a healthy lifestyle. I don't drink (never had), I don't smoke (never had),...

Last reply
  • purpura senilis, Bateman's Purpura

At about age 64, I got a large purple bruise on my hand, from a very slight knock. Since then the incidents of bruising have increased and are unsightly. I take an Asthma preventer that contains steroids. I have just started taking Vit C, Collagen and Vit B Complex tablets to see if this will reduce...

Last reply
  • Molluscum contagiosum post treatment

So I had molluscum contagiosum on the shaft of my penis and I treated it with Apple cider vinegar. It kinda started scabbing and fell off a week kater but now there's a bump on where the molluscum was. It's like a scar with a fresh pink skin. I wanna know if it's normal or of the molluscum...

Posted
  • Oily Hair

I'm a 58 y/o female, post menopause.. I've had relatively dry skin all my life, never had problem with grease or oily skin/hair. Nowadays, I've been noticing that my hair has been getting oily as well as my skin. I've tried different shampoos as well. Has anyone experienced oily skin/hair...

Posted
  • Bumps on arm

I have all these red bumps on my arm around my elbow for about two weeks? What could this be? 

Last reply
  • What are these red lines on my face?

Hello.   For a long time now I"ve had this redness in my nasolabial folds. My skin type is thin, pale and sensitive. I got oily skin in my T zone, the rest is normal. There is no itchyness or bumps or skin flakes in that red zone. Its just.. red.. and really stands out. I wonder what it...

Posted
  • Hoping someone can help me.

So a year ago i woke up with a little red mark on the side of my face went to see my gp over it who told me it was impitigo and prescribed me antibiotics but as the days went on it got a lot worse to the point it was all over my face. I was referred to a dermatologist who told me it was an allergic reaction...

Last reply
  • Weird rash on my arm

Just today I noticed this weird rash on my upper arm near my elbow. It was a red stripy rash that went round in a circle. I didn't feel anything from it. I've also had dull bone aches that come and go in my arms and legs for a long time. Anyone know if the two are related and what the cause might...

Last reply
  • Skin issues

hi all  Over the last week I've developed a strange rash on my torso, back, arms and top of my legs. It does not always itch but only seems to have grown by the day. I have also developed small strange shaped scabs on my wrists that leak an off white liquid when they are pressed. I have been...

Last reply
  • Tiny red hair/splinter spike things in skin

I have these strange brown/red things stuck in my arm. Does anyone know what these could be? I was handling salmon earlier so it could potentially be fibres from that, or some kind of plant, but any ideas are appreciated!

Last reply
  • Rash spreading all over my body?

Hi, I'm a 19 year old male and in the past 2 days or so ive been developing some kind of rash. I'm not entirely sure why, I've been eating normal (vegan), I do take medication for my skin (isotretinoin, 20 MG, 2 capsules per day, been taking these since early june but just 6 days ago my doctor...

Last reply
  • White dot on lips

Hello,  Recently I've had sore lips which I've put down to them being dry and cracked, I get the odd burning/tingle in them, a couple of days ago I noticed white spots had formed and was wondering if these relate to anything or are normal?  I have had oral sex with new partner so...

Posted
  • Itchy Scrotum follicules. What is it?

I have always have itchying Scrotum since I entered my puberty. I have noticed that my follicules look bigger than the rest of the people so that might be the reason. I am 23 now and the thing is that today it just got really anoying because it is itchying more than normily does and I...

Posted
  • Lips falling apart

Starting in 2004, I began obsessively licking my lips. That led to obsessively biting the skin off of my lips. Last year, though, I wanted to apply lip stain, and it burned like salt on a wound. I put my foot down and told myself that I'm ending this habit. I got some lip balm, trained myself to...

Last reply
  • Black spot on my toe.. what could it be?

Hi everyone! About a month ago a notices a small black dot appear on my third toe, its got a bit darker but i wouldnt say much bigger. It isnt raised like a blister but it isnt completley under the skin like a flat mole, its not painful, although a few weeks ago i did try to sqeeze it as i thought it...

Last reply
  • Stretch marks and pain

I have stretch marks at the top of my hamstring by my butt. They have been there many years. I used to weight train when young so they happened because of that. I have terrible burning pain in that area for at least 14 years. I am now 52. I have seen a few docs and none have been able to help me. ...

Last reply
  • red spots on my inner thighs?

okay so this might be kind of tmi but hear me out. so for a while now i've noticed these red spots on my very very inner thighs where my crotch is and i have no idea what they are? i'm a 17 year old female. they don't itch and the skin doesn't feel different or dry or anything so i have...

Last reply
  • Red rash coming up from toe

from my big toe theirs a rash coming up all the way to my knee, it's not itchy or painful and it's just like a little strip about the size 1.5cm and theirs a little bump on foot but I don't know if that's related I think it might be because is where it's most red.

Last reply
  • Red flaky spots all over my body

So about a month ago I noticed red spots on my arms and legs and realized it's also on my chest and back and to a lesser extent on my face. It hasn't spread nor has it  really gone away and it's just red flaky, scaly spots on my body. It's not in great abundance with spots just in...

Last reply
  • Cause for Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

Hi. Can someone tell me if it's possible to determine the initial cause of PIH (if unknown), and when the event occurred that caused the PIH, even if it occurred 2-3yrs prior? Would this require a biopsy to get the histology?  In other words, if I had a spot on my arm that was PIH, would...

Posted
  • New mole - worried

Hello there Just recently I've discovered a new mole on my back.. which is like all my others but is above my skin ( feels like a spot ) I'm really worried as I've just been on holiday and was badly burnt on my back. The mole is a light brown colour with a darker colour on one side of it...

Last reply
  • burning in my skin from stomach to ankles

I have had this symptom before only it was just on my sides! Now I feel like I have a sunburn from about my mid abdomen area all the way to my ankles! And I am finding that my breathing is laboured as well! But I don't know what is causing it! Anyone have any ideas?

Last reply
  • Got red blood-like spot on arm

Hi, I need your help. I just discovered this red defect on my skin on arm. Exactly at the same area as doctors take blood from. I am really worrying about it. Today I have eated more fruits and drinked more fruit drinks than normally. I also got like 30g proteins, where I normaly get only about 10g because...

Last reply
  • I have hard "whiteheads" on my ankles, not sure what I can do?

I have these hard whiteheads all over my ankles and it recently has spread around the top of my feet. I have had them for as long as I can remember. They are causing my feet to darken in that area. They can be painful at time but generally aren't an inconvenience. Can anyone give my some advice...

Last reply
  • Pompholyx The Joy of Popping Blisters!

My name is Alison, i'm 46 years and have had acute pompholyx all over both hands for 18 months, following a period of severe stress and anxiety. I POP BLISTERS! I disagree with pretty much everything i have been told by various dermatology consultants who have clearly never suffered from this aggravating...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.