Skip to content

Dermatology

Also known as Bowen's Disease, Chilblains, Epidermoid Cysts, Erythema, Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome, Moles, Pemphigus and Pemphigoid, Port-wine Stain, Prurigo Nodularis, Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Rashes, Sebaceous Cysts, Skin Conditions, Solar Keratosis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Sweets Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help identifying a spot I’ve had for 10 years

I’ve had a spot/mark (maybe?) in between my eyebrows for 10 Years. It’s skin coloured with a few whiter discoloured dots, circular ish. It looks bumpy but feels smooth and isn’t hard.  I would post a picture if I knew how to, if you can send pictures in DMs then I will. I really want to get...

Last reply
  • Reaccurances of erythemea annulare centrifugum

This is my 3rd year with this horrible skin or autoimmune disorder it's not getting any better. I have the rashes here and there continuously but a full eruption in the winter. I get it worse on my legs but I also get it on my scalp. I have seen Dr's and dermos and had many test done but all...

Last reply
  • Strange black ring on arm.(Pics)

Hi, my girlfriend has had a weird black ring on her arm that kinda looks like a tattoo but she said she hasn’t got anything of the sort. she says it hurts kinda like lil needles and haven’t found anything online.

Posted
  • my penis is so dry and have some redness

my penis has been dry lately and have some redness aswell sometimes itchy, I have no problems when peeing, i'm also itchy between my toes, fingers and also my wristes, my soles are cracking and a bit of my wrist too. I also experience itch in my ass cheek and near the hole too. i've attached...

Posted
  • Rash in back

About two days ago my back started itching. I didn’t think much of it until I looked in the mirror and saw a raised red spot on my back. Here are some pictures: https://ibb.co/dCsSTc https://ibb.co/fyHi1x Does anyone have idea idea what this might be?

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica

Hello, My mother has been suffering with PLC for 8 months. This skin condition has had a mjor impact on her life. She is in constant pain and chronically itchy. We have so far tried the below treatments with no success. If anyone has recovered or can assist in anyway we would be grateful to hear from...

Last reply
  • Folliculitis in armpits from deodorant?

I've always had trouble finding a deodorant/antiperspirant that works to keep me from stinking, and about a year ago I switched to only using deodorants, with no aluminum or anything to hinder sweating, hoping that at least the smell wouldn't stay in my shirts anymore. I recently started using...

Posted
  • Hands changing skin and nails?

My hands have change over night. I have POLYMYOSITIS.  I have been on Prednisone 5mg  for over 20 yrs.  My hands have a weird feeling in my finger tips.  They feel very smooth but they look like have  been in the water too long. Around my nails are getting very hard. The...

Posted
  • Dark pigmentation on foot

So I’ve had a slight dark mark on my foot for little over a year, I didn’t think much of it at first as I thought it might just be bruising from tight shoes, however It hasn’t gone down at all and has actually got a bit larger dispite getting new shoes, what do you guys think am I over thinking is it...

Last reply
  • Boil or Pimple or ? (Pic)

Hi, I had this for about 2 days. I have been blowing my nose a lot in the mornings..  Normally I would not give it a second thought but I had a sinus infection 4 months ago which started with a bump inside the nostril....I also had a chest infection 2 months ago. Also it's where people say...

Posted
  • Muscle twiching and burning sensation on hands and feet

I feel reading and posting on this helps me alot so here goes. I have been getting musle twiches on my legs and arms for a couple weeks now, they vary day to day from big ones to lots of small twitches, its very annoying. The more worrying thing on my mind though is how my feet knees and hands always...

Posted
  • Help! The sun is angry at me!

For many years now when I get out in the sun for any length of time (say longer than 30 minutes), I start breaking out in a rash. I've always just written it off as a sun allergy and used my little steroid cream and it was all fine and dandy. (I'm not one to spend much time in the sun as I come...

Posted
  • GROVER'S DISEASE

I am a fit 70 year old male and have been suffering with Grover's Disease for about a year. Tried all the usual creams to help with itching but nothing really worked for me. It's easy to say but you must resist the urge to scratch as this only makes it worse. Last week the itching suddeny stopped...

Last reply
  • Tinea Versicolor

Hi, around 8 months ago in the summer I developed white blotches on my forehead that were not tanning and fairly prominent, they were completely smooth, my gp said it was tinear Versicolor and gave me some nitrozil shampoo which I used until it had finished. I then went on a hot holiday and the white...

Posted
  • Strange skin feeling/pain

Hello im 15 and for a long time ive had a sometimes painful,itchy and strange feeling skin on my shoulder and sometimes part of my back. Sometimes it feels like its crawling or bleeding. The first time i went to my doctor they told me to watch a mole for skin cancer over a long period of time and gave...

Posted
  • Do you know what this was?

This actually happened to me years ago, but it still bugs me from time to time that I don't really understand it, and I never told anybody about it. So, when I was about 15 or 16 (I'm female, if it's relevant), I got this sort of bump on the side of my face. One of those sort of bumps that...

Last reply
  • Pink splotches on back

I have had a growing area of pink splotches on my back. If someone can please take a look and help me that would be great.

Last reply
  • I scratched my leg while sleeping and now it looks infected

2 days ago I was sleeping in bed and I could tell I was scratching my leg in my sleep so I stopped. When I woke up it hurt from the scratching a bit, but it didn't look very bad so I just used triple antibiotic and didn't worry about it. Today when I got up it is purpleish-red and has scabbed...

Posted
  • Weird things around my shoulder and chest

Hello guys, thank you for reading my post. I went to professional dermatologists, and went to doctor. They do not know what this is. One prescribed me antibiotics, other one started giving me shots with hormones on those bumps. And so far it is been like this no change. I continued with the antibiotics...

Posted
  • Itchy rash on stomach and front of left thigh

For the last 8 days I've been suffering with an itchy rash across the front of my lower belly and on front of my upper left thigh.  It feels really bumpy, like little bumps and they get red when I scratch.  I try not to scratch, but the evenings and night are the worst.  I have changed...

Posted
  • Slightly raised bump in upper buttocks

Hello, I recently discovered a slightly raised small bump on my upper buttocks between the cheeks...near tailbone I would say..that is only somewhat uncomfortable only if pressure is pushed upon. Doesn’t hurt to the touch. Been around for about a month. Not oozing, blister or change in size. Photo attached...

Posted
  • Not sure if I should be concerned about this bump on my scalp...

I have a small bump on my scalp that has increased in size and changed in color after first appearing a month and a half ago. Initially I thought it was dry skin and picked at it a few times, causing it to bleed quite a bit. After a couple of weeks I forced myself to stop touching it and since, the bump...

Posted
  • Dyshydrotic Eczema/Pomphlyx/Spring time

I have had this condition off and on over my life. Always on my left hand. And when it comes it is VERY bad. Bubbles on bubbles and takes over a month to go away. I always treated it with clobetasol. Now I am going through several months of it coming and going all the way up to my elbow but it never...

Posted
  • Brown spots on right hand and fingers

For about 1 week I had 3 red rash like marks on my hand and fingers, for a short while it agitated(hardly) me but then on week 2 the rashes stopped itching  and started to brown. Now on three weeks, they began to peel a bit but it hasn't gone away. no pain or agitation. just the spots Thought...

Posted
  • Itchy skin after wearing full costume

Hi, Last night I did a job where I had to wear a costume for my head and body. I obviously sweated as it was requested that I dance and the venue was very hot! When I arrived home I had a shower but my face, head and face feel itchy in random spots.  Does anyone know what I can do about this?...

Last reply
  • Mysterious rash in groin for 10 years+

Hi, I have a rash in my groin, on both sides, where abdomen meets thigh, but not on genitals. I'm male. It's a cluster of red points, with flaky skin where it's worst. I've had this problem for my whole adult life, which is over ten years. It may have started when I had a very active...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.