Skip to content

Dermatology

Also known as Bed Sores, Bowen's Disease, Chilblains, Ecthyma, Epidermoid Cysts, Erythema, Ganglion, Impetigo, Keloid Scar, Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome, Leg Ulcers, Lipomas, Moles, Pemphigus and Pemphigoid, Pityriasis Lichenoides, Pityriasis Versicolor, Port-wine Stain, Pressure Sores, Prurigo Nodularis, Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Rashes, Sebaceous Cysts, Skin Conditions, Solar Keratosis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Sweets Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, Ulcer - Leg, Venous Leg Ulcers

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sebaceous cyst on penile shaft. GP refusing to operate.

I have had a sebaceous cyst on my penile shaft since January this year. My doctor initially prescribed antibiotics to get rid of infection, however the lump has remained there since. I’ve been informed that removing it is not an option unless privately funded. I recently visited my local GUM clinic  to...

Last reply
  • Rash on thighs and armpits

for about a week now ive had rashes appear on thighs and armpits, very itchy and sometimes painful, driving me round the bend tbh, it takes weeks if not longer to get GP access, so wondered if anyone could help identify what it could be. thx in advance

Posted
  • Skin Cancer? melanoma ?

HI members , 5 days ago I felt this slightly raised bump near my year , I never had it and I don't like its look and feel . could it be skin cancer ?  what do you think ?

Last reply
  • weird dry penile glans, purple rim PICS INCLUDED

hello so for the past few weeks has been frustrating so i have been experiencing dry swelling in my penile glans & weird purple color around the rim my doctor said he thinks its friction burn but its been there for a couple weeks now almost a month its very dry & can be flaky but doesnt really...

Last reply
  • pityriasis lichenoides chronica PLC sufferer for 21 years

Hi, have suffered with PLC for 21 years now! I have it covering my entire body apart from my face thankfully! Was diagnosed at 7 years old after a bout of chickenpox, had every diagnosis under the sun until I was admitted to hospital at age 18! Had been told for years that I had psoriasis but after 8...

Last reply
  • Rash on the groin and penis

I am male, 24. I developed an itchy rash on my waist 4 weeks ago. Suddenly the rash spread around the groin and on to the penis. When I scratch the rash, it gets worse. The rash on the picture was small, scratching made it worse. I have used various topical creams such as ketoconazole, clotrimazole,...

Last reply
  • Painful Bump on Skin (Possibly Genital Wart?)

I've had this painful bump on my penis for about 2 years, not sexually active.  It hurts when I get erect and the skin stretches, is this possibly a genital wart?  I circled it in the picture, its a bump that is raised and somewhat the same color of my skin.

Posted
  • What is this fungal infection?

I've looked through alot of pictures and web pages and haven't found what appears to be an exact match for this fungal infection. The closest I'd say is tinea versicolor but in all accounts tinea versicolor is far more severe and I don't have any itches related to the infection as tinea...

Posted
  • Lump on penis

Yesterday morning I was masturbaiting and in the middle of it stopped to get a towel and came back and saw a lump on my penis. It’s red in colour and has a white top. I did some research and think it might be lymphocele but am not sure

Last reply
  • Extremely painful, itchy and raw. HELP.

Hi, I really need some help and advice. For the past few months I've been getting really bad sores in the crease between the very top of my thighs and my vagina. There extremely raw and painful and they can get quite itchy. The other day it was the worse it had been and there was loads of puss. It...

Last reply
  • Lines on skin

Saw two lines on belly skin the form a heart is a sign from accelerated pulse rate and slightly high blood pressure or just something i laid on that was on my bed

Posted
  • Impetigo won’t go away permanently

Hi there, I’ve had recurrent impetigo for about four months now and I’m not sure what to do anymore. It started after I got a cut on my elbow, but it then spread to my face. I’ve been given antibiotics by my doctor each time it’s cropped up, causing it to go away pretty quickly, but about two weeks later...

Last reply
  • Help! Boyfriend has mite larvae coming out of pores in his face!

So, about a week and a half ago, we noticed bumps on his dog. We figured it was just mosquito or spider bites or a reaction to grass b/c she has really sensitive skin. Well, my boyfriend had some outpatient surgery 10 days ago (right around the same time we saw bumps on the dog) and wasn't able to...

Last reply
  • Concerned: Does anyone know what this is?

For the past 2 day I had a pain in my throat whenever I swallowed, this has since eased off now and is going (thankfully) and then today I noticed these small, slightly raised bumps on the top of my right foot. They aren't sore and they don't itch and my foot is the only location on my body where...

Last reply
  • Black spot and red blood under toenail

So i bite my toenails (i know, thats nasty and they look horrible) but a few days ago I noticed a black spot on my big toe. Its gotten a little bigger and pressing on it earlier I have some red blood beside the bruise now. It doesn't hurt at all. Im not sure if I did it biting my nails or how it...

Last reply
  • Red Bump on face

I have a red bump binder my eye on my upper cheek from trying to remove milia at home, it almost looks like broken blood vessels around it and the bump in the middle is in the shape the milia was. How can I remove this? 

Posted
  • penile tissue, nightmare!

Hey guys, I’m having a real hard time stopping myself from over examining my penis. Last year I had a couple of normal pimples under my foreskin which were checked by my GP and the gum clinic and said they were normal. Of course regardless of there normality my self esteem just wouldn’t allow me to show...

Last reply
  • How do I remove these red spots on my face

Hi I was wondering how to remove these red spots on my face? I got one under my eye from picking at milia and it’s been red ever since, and the other is from using a blackhead extractor? I was wondering how to remove the redness? At home if possible? 

Last reply
  • AK or Psoriasis?

I read AK is precancerous. Scares me. I don't have insurance currently, so I can't see a doctor for a little while.  I've been getting all kinds of rashes for the last couple years, but this spot is reoccurring and its duration this time around has been at least 3 weeks and still going,...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica

Hello, My mother has been suffering with PLC for 8 months. This skin condition has had a mjor impact on her life. She is in constant pain and chronically itchy. We have so far tried the below treatments with no success. If anyone has recovered or can assist in anyway we would be grateful to hear from...

Last reply
  • Herpes

Recently I've been having a Strays tingling itchy feeling in my testicle area now I have these I believe sores on my testicles do you believe these is a sign of herpes

Last reply
  • Strange clusters of non-itchy rash all over body?!

I’ve had a strange rash from my feet to my torso for a few weeks now. It’s small patches of flat, red /orange dots that cluster all over. They don’t itch or burn and are dry and peeling in parts. aswell as this i have a huge red roundish patch on my inner thigh that appeared just after it started . I...

Posted
  • Tinea Versicolor white patches not going away??

Hi guys! Im hoping to find some help here since I have no clue whats happening with me. This winter I noticed many white spots that also form larger patches on my upper back and shoulders. Not inchy or rash like, just flat, more like loss of pigment. I was 100 % this was Tinea Versicolor...

Last reply
  • Rash that has white looking worm when the rash sore die

I have a rash starts with shiny like clear crystals then jumps to skin develops if broke has a clear liquid that feels like acid, they now are in nose, ears, mouth, hands, arms, legs, outside of vagina, and outside real area, if broke from severe scratching two or three jump to create new sores, looks...

Last reply
  • Red spots around neck and chest

For a few months I have been experiencing reddish/discoloration, flat, circular spots around my neck and chest. Most appear on the back area of my neck, near my shoulders. They do not itch, bleed, hurt, or anything like that. They are more prevalent after I shower or do a workout, which leads me...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.