Itching, hives after shingrix vaccine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had the Shingrix vaccine 2nd dose in early December. From the first dose mid October I experienced itchy skin quite a lot in the days that followed, I seem to be getting increased skin eruptions since the 2nd dose.

The eruptions are either long raised itchy red bumps on itchy areas that develop like a bite or spot that are much smaller than the hive bumps. Location is forearms, ankles, knees, minor itch on torso around waist or hip.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

zoom image image

• Edited

This is an extremely unusual and rare reaction to Shingrix, if it really is a reaction to the vaccine. You should make sure you see your doctor who can then treat and report the side effect.

It could be something that was brewing in your system before the vaccine and it has just precipitated it, but please see your doctor.

• Edited

Thanks Marina, it may not be the Shingrix, I guess could be something else, but at the moment I seem to be getting a skin eruption every day.

One of todays eruptions

• Edited

certainly looks like a allergy to something. Have you tried an antihistamine tablet once per day?

Have you introduced anything different into your diet? Suffering a of of stress? You really should report this reaction to your doctor..

• Posted

thanks Marina,

the doc was not much help, she wasn't bothered about the reaction, she said may nails caused it when I scratched the itch. However she has given me an anti itch cream and washing cream.

I was taking water from a copper bottle for over a year but I have recently stopped that as I read it can cause skin reactions, so its unknown if I need to flush out with just drinking filtered water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.