rash on leg, leaking fluid and wife says amputation now :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I've had this rash grow on the right leg shin-area.

It has also appeared (in small amounts) on my left leg and the back of my left hand.

It started around last Wednesday/Thursday then on Sunday got a lot worse and now today, it has started leaking this clear liquid from the wounds.

I am sure the GP will just give me some antibiotics and all will be fine (fingers crossed) however, my wife said she thinks it's Diabetes (I'm not Diabetic, that we know of) and they may have to amputate my leg 😕 I am sure she is just winding me up but until the GP calls me back on Thursday, is there anything I can put on the rash/wound area ?

I was using Calamine Lotion for sunburns and skin irritations but, that seems to have made it worse.

Any suggestions please ?

Many Thanks

Sean

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You have probably heard back from the GP now but Calamine is not suitable. It looks very much like a weeping eczema which has become infected....possibly from a tiny crack in the skin.

Whatever your GP gives you, make sure you use exactly as prescribed , use it all and go back to your doctor if it continues to break out like this. it needs to be brought under control.

I'm sure your wife was joking, by the way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.