Red lines in the folds of my abdomen and pectorals

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I have some kind of red lines in the folds of my abdomen and pectorals that become more red with sweat (I also have suffered several weight changes). It is kinda velvety skin so I thought it was Acanthosis nigricans, but the colour is red, not brown, so I'm not sure, and also I was using Betnovade which should be good for Acanthosis and it didn't do anything...so do you guys know what it could be? Any cream to improve it?

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I think its probably intertrigo which is caused by skin to skin friction. In itself it is not an infection but it could develop into an itchy fungal infection if you dont keep the skin clean and dry and sweat free. Make sure you dry thoroughly after showering , You could try dabbing on some cornstarch talc containing zinc oxide. The only way to really stop this is to lose weight to eliminate the folds of touching skin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.