I’m a teenager will a lot of loose skin from weight loss, help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

im 6ft, when i was 15 i was obese, my bodyweight being 150kg (~290-300lbs), in a year i lost all the weight through intense dieting and exercise and went to 60kg (120-130lbs), after this weight loss i obviously had a lot, and i mean a lot of loose skin, but at the time i wasn't too worried, as i was only 16 and thought because of my age my skin would tighten up and all would be fine, well im going on 18 this month and this skin has not tightened up even a little but, i have tried many supplements, diets etc that are meant to help but nothing has, i have grown a sizeable amount of muscle but even so my loose skin is very apparent, and even with very little fat on my body, i still look very fat because of my loose skin, so i ask as a cry of help into the wind , please somebody help me, what can i do tighten my loose skin, how can i get my skin to produce collagen again? im so insecure about my body and so depressed and mentally strained with it, i hate my body and everyday i see it is another day i don't want to go through, there must be something i can do right? surely it wont be like this for the rest of my life?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you lost that weight a bit too fast. What is your diet like now? You could try concentrating on a protein diet and I dont mean supplements but meat, eggs, fish balanced with plenty of fresh fruit and veg.

Do you have a planned exercise program ? Most gyms have coaches who could help your particular problem.

• Posted

my diet is protein focused, i ear beef and eggs for every meal every day, i have gained a sizeable amount of muscle and have kept my fat levels low, i have an exercise program and go to the gym 4 days a week, my problem isnt muscle growth, its the lack of collagen in my skin causing it to be loose, nothing i have tried has tightened it up at all, i just want tight skin like im supposed to, a stupid past that wasnt my fault has robbed me of that

• Posted

Do you eat lots of fruit or take a vitamin C supplement? This vitamin is essential for collagen production.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.