red ulcer, scabbing on both inner calf, left/right arms, chest and belly (picture inside)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please help to see what skin conditions i may develop, this condition has been almost a year now.

Early last year 2023 when i was in Hong Kong, initially it is developed on the calf, both left & right, where red ulcer with ring circled hole facing internal, there is not much pain or itchiness or a little pain though but it does have a considerable number of them on my internal and external calf ; later i found my upper chest and both arms (lower and fore arm skin have similar but small scabbing, ulcer versus the size on the inner calf), though some on fore arm are itchy but most of them are not too bad or any feeling.

(you can see the picture attached with the name)

Recently i moved to US, there are new red ulcer or scabbing developed on my chest and belly, also a few on my butt. no itchiness or much pain.

(you can see the picture attached with the name)

It seems those will recover overtime but it comes out again and seems will persist for longer, this really bothers me given that i need to go out in the summer or dating. Prior to that, i do not have any skin issues at all especially prior to age 35, only happened when i came to Hong Kong a few years later.

Please help to see what conditions this might be and any potential test or treatment i need to do.

I have tested blood and other boy check, seems okey no particular issue found.

Thanks a lot for your time and i really appreciated it!

Johnimageimageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you considered infected insect bites? Possibly fleas? Have you used any medication on them? Or taken any form of medication? Possibly antiHistamine?

• Posted

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yeah it is possible for insect or bugs bites initially. Given that Hong Kong is fairly humid and hot last year (some local cantonese doctor suspect it is eczema) . What troubles me is that new ones (seems similar pattern) come in recently when i moved to Chicago, IL and stayed in a public hostel (maybe the blanket I used to cover have bugs?). There a handful of them shown on my chest and belly , as well a few on my right butt. Not much on legs though.

I have not applied any medication or take any medication yet. My parents are doctors and they get me tested on the blood and seems okey. But i am still a bit worried since it continously to have new one comes out since i switched environment from Hong Kong to Chicago.

Maybe i will monitor a few more weeks to see if there are new one developed since i have moved to an airbnb bedroom.

But thanks for the suggestions!

Jack

ps: any other suggestion from others are welcome~

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.