3 months after acute pancreatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is in the same post pancreatitis pain boat as me. i was in hospital for 13 days in March with acute pancreatitis, tube fed and several collapsed veins struggling to keep me hydrated and topped up with morphine and whatever else they had!

my amylase was 1705 on admission and its been classed as idiopathic, i am awaiting a date for a camera to be put down to 'have a look for sludge' in my gallbladder! I'm still getting bouts of pain in my back and it feels like its under my ribs both left amd right sides mainly. And still i just dont feel right. i'm taking creon & lanzoprazole for the forseeable and seem to be taking pain killers alot more than i would like to. My GP hasn't been the most helpful when i speak to them, which is great! Just wondering how long it took for people to feel like themselves again?

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.