3 months after Turp I'm still in pain in prostate area.

Posted , 6 users are following.

So it's been 3 months since my Turp surgery and as of last week im still passing clots and blood in my urine. My prostate area hurts when sitting, but not so much when standing or laying down. Anyone else have this issue? Most articles i have read state that it should be pretty much cleared up in 8 to 9 weeks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i'm 2 months out and sitting isn't super comfortable on hard chairs. it feels a bit (slightly) inflamed or something. I doesn't hurt but something about it doesn't feel comfortable yet. i'm sure it will get better. some times you see 6 months mentioned as the final recovery point.

• Posted

i am going into my 5th week and have the same problem but mine is discomfort all the time sitting / standing /lying down the discomfort feels like its at the anus and pressure is felt just in front of the anus the perinal area it started on the 3rd week after operation rang urologist said the prostate is inflamed and as i had a cathetter for 3 weeks before the operation due to urinary retention said it could take 6 to 8 weeks to heal

and said he guarantees it will go

anyone else have similar experience or have heard anything about

any help appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.