3 months no period & now been bleeding for 6 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so this may be a gross subject but i need some advice because my anxiety is through the roof! So I didn’t have a period for around 3 months. I did a pregnancy test in that time which came back negative. I went to the doctors and was booked in for an ultrasound. So a weel later i then have a period. At first i was joyus thay i was finally bleeding! It was super heavy than normal but i just put it down to the fact I had missed 3 periods.. well it went into the second week which is un heard of for me (normally lasts about 5 days) and i started passing massive blood clots which were about an inch long!!! This scared me to death so i went back to the doctors to get fobbed off and told me it was ‘normal’ aint nothing normal about that.. So another week passes and im still on, bleeding like a crime scene! I go back and the doctor finally moved my ultrasound forward! So i had the pelvic ultrasound and the internal ultrasound last week and I haven’t heard back from them yet and im litetally getting so depressed thinking its something life threatening because im constantly googling my symptoms.. ive started becoming fatigue and tired all the time and im so so scared.. anyone else having or had similar symptoms? Or anyone know what it could be because im litetally bed bound with fear. Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

powerfulmind, I am having similar issues. I am 40, two years ago dr. saw I had a small fibroid in my uterus wall.  She said we would just monitor it and worry about further treatment if symptoms got out of hand.  Well I am now on week 4 of bleeding with the same symptoms and clots that ridiculous.  I have been doing a lot of research and finding many woman silently suffer, or face hysterectomy's.  I was so scared, I thought I should go to the ER until I saw that many suffer.  I am also fatigued, I make myself eat for energy and bought iron supplements.  My family doc referred me back to the OBGYN and I'm waiting for that office to contact me and get in and get this under control.  My biggest fear as of now is bleeding so much I will have to go to the ER for a blood transfusion because of losing too much.  I recommend you take an iron supplement.  You're not alone girl.

• Posted

Oh bless you sad i did wonder whether my fatigue was due to losing alot of blood.. is your bleeding really heavy? Ive also been getting a dull ache on my left groin area and its giving me terrible anxiety to the point where im googling symptoms and seeing so many different types of cancer then my mind gets worse 😩 what other symptoms have you had? Hope your doctor sorts you out soon!

• Posted

The 1st week was normal for my cycle, the second week I was scared to death and seriously thinking I needed to go to the ER it was so heavy and with clots.  That is when I really dug into researching wth was going on with me.  I found this site and others and saw that this is all too common with women.  I have to admit it made feel less like I was bleeding to death and more like I just joined the silent sufferers.  The third week was just as heavy and clotty, by this time I had already made moves to get back to the OBGYN. This week has been a bit lighter, I have to keep various sizes of tampons with me and always an overnight pad on.  I feel like at anytime the damn might brake!  I have my OBGYN appt. finally next Thursday the 20th and I want to seriously discuss treatment options because this is no bueno for sure!!!!
  • Posted

There are some you tube videos you can also watch, I searched uterine fibroids and doing research on what I can do to get them removed without doing drastic surgery.  There are procedures available to try first now days before a complete hysterectomy.

• Posted

Hi, I wanted to respond because I had a similar problem but all I can tell you is if they haven't called by now its not life threatening and Im also in the medical field. But you should call your doctor that ordered the ultrasound and ask what your results are. Im not sure if you are in the USA or not but we are required to let patients know in 2 days after results. Hope this helped you some. And with feeling tired, your blood is probably getting a little low so eat a lot of red meat and lots of greens to help with your iron until you can see your doctor. But please, don't wait on your doctor to call you. Call and demand your results.

Hope you feel better very soon.

• Posted

Thanks for responding! Im in the UK and under the NHS so things are never quick and i do wish i could afford to be in private care so i could get seen quicker 😞 as waiting is all i seem to be doing at the minute. I did wonder whether the fatigue was due to losing lots of blood over the past 6 weeks but when you have terrible anxiety, you think it’s  a million other things! I hope you're feeling better too!

• Posted

Is there a possibility you could have polycystic ovarian syndrome? I used to get no periods for months then a really long one that never seemed to end. I used to get iron deficiency anemia and would have ferrous sulphate tablets to help. You can get them over the counter at the chemist. It might not be a bad idea to get multi vitamin and mineral tablets as well if you are feeling under the weather. I have noticed the difference since I have started taking them.
    • Posted

Well my periods have bee ‘normal’ up until the last year or so but the doctor did say it could be a possibility i have pcos. Just freaks me out how one day your periods completely change and have this scary encounter! I have some vitamin D so i will start taking them again.
  • Posted

Just try to keep your iron levels up then. Im not sure why it would be taking them so long to respond to you but that causes so much anxiety. I have severe anxiety myself and I had a period that lasted for almost 3 months before I finally got an ablation. I do hope you feel better and please let us know what they say. Take care.
  • Posted

Well went to the OBGYN today for a pap and she went ahead and scheduled me for an ultra sound and possible biopsy.  I also scheduled my first mammogram for next month.  The OBGYN said everything looked and felt normal.  This gave me a little relief, so it is most likely due to the dang fibroid in someway making my period so scary.  I guess I will find out soon if the fibroid grew, I have more, or both.  Then discuss ways to treat this.  I just hate going to the doctor and all these appointments just give me anxiety.  It's tough to be a woman I tell ya.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.