3 months of lightheaded feeling, help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 3 months I've been having random episodes of feeling lightheaded and floaty, I've never fainted but feel I could. After the episodes which although they feel long, are probably very short, I feel so ill like really done in and generally anxious because I'm terrified it'll come back. I'm stopping doing life things like shopping because if it comes on when shopping I need to get out, that said when it comes on in bed ever I have to get up and away from that situation too. I can't seem to control it and every other tiny thing that I feel, every ache? I'm starting to think of as a symptom of something new which it probably isn't. Doctors seem to want to tell me my symptoms are generic but so sure it's something sinister. I do have slightly raised liver enzyme but they don't think that's it, likewise have a massive fibroid which again they are convinced it isn't. Please help I feel like I'm going mad!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been spaced out non stop of rover 4 yrs. The problem is it can be 1000 things from very bad to nothing. I would bet your are not in the very bad catagory. I would say get a blood test and check your Iron, Magnessium, Vitamin B12 levels to start. You can also got to an ENT and see if it is an ear issue. I have verticle Hetrophoria which is an eyw issue, but I am guessing you don't have that. It could also be a neck muscle issue which might involve your SCM muscle which is in your neck. Of course it could be stress as well. I would look up the things I listed to see if that might be the issue. Like I said it could be a ton of things. Most important though it to not give it a life of it's own. Don't let it get you stressed out otherwise it will really mess you up.
  • Posted

Hi I've had the same symptoms now for 14 months I still don't no what it is I don't think the doctors want to help
  • Posted

Hi....I dont have your symptoms but I would have a blood work done.....Make sure your sugar levels are good.....Try eatind a little something every three to four hours and see what happens...stay hydrated.......But it can be mayny reasons why you are feeling this way....Blood Pressure????  If you need to switch drs then do so......Maybe you need to go for MRI etc.......DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!  

• Posted

Had mri had every blood test going always comes back ok now waiting to see a neuroligist
  • Posted

Can anyone help I've had enough of feeling like this I get about 1 day a week I feel normal does any one get churning feeling in the stomach before getting dizzy spells
  • Posted

Mines more like an odd feeling all over my body as opposed to my stomach. I sweat a bit and then I go lightheaded. I then feel like it almost knocks me for 6 afterwards and feel generally quite poorly and to be honest freaked out after for a while. I'm beginning to stop doing things because I'm scared of it. Doctors just seem to say it's a virus. My honest fear is I have a huge blood clot travelling round my body which will eventually stop at my heart and ill die. I'm not sure if that's even how blood clots work and maybe if I had one I'd be severely ill? I also fear a bleed on the brain or a brain tumour but I guess without headaches that's silly!?
    • Posted

I would go see a cardiologist....I also think there is a blood test to test for blood clots......Dont wait........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.