3 months on citalopram

Posted , 9 users are following.

so today marks 3 months since I started this journey on citalopram. today as I sit here writing this is like a different person than I was when I joined this page. I couldn't even function daily before. and the first I would say 8 weeks on citalopram made me worse. the side effects were horrendous. I nearly gave up a few times. my anxiety is still there. but nothing compared to what it was. I have so much on my life back.

so if you have taken the time to read this and you are struggling, please stick with it.

I've got a bit to go still with my health anxiety but I can honestly say I feel so much better hitting the 3 months on citalopram 😊

6 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Keep going 23 weeks in on 30mg and my health anxiety is definitely alot better and mentally I am functioning better too even taking my little girl up to London for a day next week a few months ago I could not even leave the house. I was off work for 3 months have now been back 3 months and coping so much better

• Posted

me too I'm finding the functioning better each day is what's making me realise that that all the physical symptoms have been anxiety. I have a 2 year old boy and started doing playgroup and soft plays again which I'm fair proud of as 6 months ago I wouldnt even leave the house with him!

• Edited

Hello glad ur doing better I have been on for bout a year and a half now I'm going to start weaning off kinda nervous but I'm down to 10mg but if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask! (:

• Posted

thanks kevin. think I'll stay on them a while yet! always been on 20mg from the start. great you are coming off them

• Edited

this is so encouraging. I am on week 6 and the past two weeks have been great. this morning I woke up a little anxious and nauseated and it scared me. help i need reassurance I am normal.

• Edited

totally normal ashley. honestly I'm over the 3 months and I'm having many more good days than bad. I expected it to work so much quicker and it didnt.

• Posted

I confirm! The beginning was HELL for me - anxiety, depression...I had even strange thoughts about my self-worth...Brrrr...But today I am so much more confident, self-aware and if my life was only calm - I would be just happy

• Posted

how far out are you now? it scares me since i have two good weeks and then this hit me out of no where i woke up from a dream in a panic and yesterday was like the first few weeks again tired, nauseated, just blah then woke up this am a little worried how this day would go and not as bad as yesterday but still not my self again. help!,,,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.