3 months on Sertraline and this week started to feel dreadful.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I dont know if anyone else has experienced this but its not very pleasant. started 50g Sertraline at the beginning of November. Side effects were bearable and stuck with it though not much change in mood. Saw my G.P last week suggested i upped to 100g and also to take beta blockers twice a day. i was hesitant as this seemed all a bit too much and scared of the effect as I was doing a few trips up to London and didnt want to feel rough. So as yet still on just 50g. Then a couple of days ago woke up not feeling great, woozy head and generally not feeling great, which developed into what felt like panic attack, hot sweats,chills, almost passed out very weak and had to lie down. luckily I was with my partner as we were out at the time. I slept for 14 hours! Awoke feeling weak and emotional. Since then feel very anxious and scared. Health anxiety and fears I was going to have a heart attack were going through my head. It seems strange to be suddenly getting this reaction after so many months? I am really not sure about taking a higher dose as I feel so odd at the moment. Feel that these drugs are not helping. Making me more unwell now. What a trap.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny. did you take any of the beta blockers?

• Posted

Hi Sue, No i didnt. i have taken them occassionally in the past for anxiety with travelling.

• Posted

ok, if they are making you really unwell and you are not seeing any improvement then it maybe time to have a chat with your Dr about trying something else. if it was just the case that you need a higher dose then you would at least have had some constant relief but not quite back to where you want to be, you could try slowly increasing to 100 it really is down to how much you trust the meds. Do not worry about the panic attack, sometimes this happens and sleeping after one is a natural reaction. If there was anything really wrong it would be constant

• Posted

i recommend a higher dose . 50 is the minimum dose to work .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.