3 random bumps on the side of my wrists

Posted , 6 users are following.

These three weird bumps showed up on my wrist and I am terrified that it is scabies. I have been home from college the last four weeks and have only been from my home to the store. No unusual places. I watched my three toddler nieces and nephews that are in day care, and that is really the only skin to skin contact I have had (Changing Diapers, applying lotion for bed, etc). I have also not engaged in any sexual activities with anyone outside of my monogamous relationship. They don't itch and have so far not spread. I started noticing them on Monday, 1/13. I put permethrin on it last night and it really has not done anything. The dark pictures are the ink burrow test results that I magnified on my camera. Please help! Thank youimageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I know the worry, my family is dealing with this right now.

Did you scratch them? Usually scabies are very itchy...so they say. But the first blister i got on my hand wasn't itchy at all. I saw a dermatologist and made them do a skin scrape. Which they then confirmed scabies.

i doesnt really look like a burrow line from the ink test tho.

I never has the typical burrow lines tho so im not a huge help with that. Kids do have scabies tho, especially of they are in daycares or schools its common. Best thing to do is go get it looked at. How did you get permethrin? Did you apply just to that spot or all over?

Shan

• Posted

Nope, they have not itched at all. I bought Nix lice kit which has permethrin in it ans applied it all over my wrist in hopes to stop the spreading. But it has not spread at all today. Hmm that is very concerning as well. I will make an appointment!

• Posted

I just applied more permethrin and took another pic to see it clearer image

• Posted

It could very well not be scabies, scabies mimics so many diff skin issues.

if you start seeing it in other places or see little scratch lines sometimes big ans sometimes very small that do not itch, then i would lean towards scabies. Alot of the time they dont start going crazy until you start treating them.we had scratch lines from them burrowing and felt like little pinpricks.

But i cant say either way for sure, a dermatologist cod do a skin scrape or most of the time just look at it and tell.

• Posted

You can quickly pull them out of there by using witchhazel. You will notice red and or little black specs. The red one we put under a microscope and saw the little mite.

Also camphor can really take it down whether it's viral or a mite. just dab 100% on the bite a couple of times a day and it will go away. Stay on top of it!

You can use tsal shampoo another user told me about which is 3% salicylic acid and that kills mites too.

Your partner should be treated as well.

• Posted

Mommacita, do you really think that this is scabies bite? Did you get such marks?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.