Skip to content

Scabies

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Cured! I hope this helps someone.

We are cured...after over 6 months of misery that only those with this plague can understand. We would never want to go though that again, and I decided when I was going through it that I’d write something that might help others. I feel terrible for you all because I can’t imagine much else that causes...

Posted
  • Finally something is working for me, getting better

Hello, unlucky folks. So I´m the second time infected and already for 4 weeks trying to get these pets off me. each time they seem more resistant. Reading the forums of the other people experience helped me e lot, so now I want to share my recepy, maybe it will hep somebody too. The first time I...

Last reply
  • Is it scabies?

Hello everyone so I treated myself for scabies about 2 weeks for a second time and I washed everything. For the last few days my leg has been itchy and then last night one area in between my fingers for itchy and now I’m freaking out because I don’t want it to be scabies again. I can’t do it again. How...

Last reply
  • Does table salt water kill scabies

I have been suffering with this problem for about a year and it has now and I've been sick all types of medication I didn't use the promethazine they also have prescribed me that as a mirtazapine vitamin D3 50000 IU hydroxyzine and it seems nothing has been working well for me I would like some...

Posted
  • I was very happy to find that common table salt in a war...

I was very happy to find that common table salt in a warm bath cured my Scabies. After soaking for 15 minutes, get out of the bath and drip dry. Do not use a towel, but if you must, just pat dry with kitchen towels as they are more hygenic.If needed, repeat after 4 days. I feel this treatment should...

Last reply
  • I might have scabies

Im an emt and someone i worked with caught scabies. She was telling me about her treatment and i had been really itchy for about a week. I had non raised red itchy spots all over my legs and some on my upper arms and back I went to a doctor(not my pcp) and he didnt even look at me closely just looked...

Last reply
  • Scabies finally CURED...

So first things first, I am not selling, trolling or gloating. After having scabies for the last 6 months (2 knowingly) i can say that I am finally cured. For the first three months of having this awful affliction I was convinced it was something else (guttate psoriasis) due to having this skin problem...

Last reply
  • Simple solution to test for post scabies

I had this horrible affliction for over two years.  I went to many doctors and they kept telling me I was over it (even though I was still getting sores and feeling the crawling feelings).  I'm sure many of you are in the same boat.  So I kept using the permethrin.  The problem...

Last reply
  • cured!!!! 100% real story/my story!!!

This is my story. I am not completely sure how I got it or if I ever really had it. I did what some people might have also done, self diagnosed. If I could go back I would have definitely went to a dermatologist and demanded a skin scrape test, which would hopefully determine what exact skin condition...

Last reply
  • Outbreak of scabies in my school

Hi, There has been an outbreak of scabies in my school. We were notified by a teacher four days ago. My friend appears to have red blotches on her hands and she is constantly itching them. I think she may have gotten scabies. I have had minimal physical contact with her except sitting beside each other...

Last reply
  • After Permetherin treatment

I contracted Scabies in 10/26/17 and was asymptomatic until after 4 weeks.  I received permethrine 5% treatment on 12/19/17 and a second treatment on 12/22/17.  I cleaned everything religiously.  After my treatments I noticed that all the areas that had a rash and the one tunnel I saw...

Last reply
  • Is this scabies?

I've gotten these red dots on my penile and its been there for a few days. It started to itch a lot at first then it disappeared almost completely, but now the dots reappeared but doesn't really itch. I am actually really worried it can be something serious and I don't know if I should get...

Last reply
  • Reinfection. Should I????

Long story so sorry. My ex partner which is my 10 year old sons mum had scabies around 4 months ago. She had the tell tale signs all over her back & the itching. My son didn't show any signs other than itching & I had slight itching too. I went to the doctors & he said it didn't look...

Last reply
  • How do you know if you are cured of scabies

Please help me i think i have scabies that wont go away. I got a ring like patch on my right leg in april that was itchy so i treated it with an antifungal cream that made it subside but was still visible. Then in late may i started to get a few small itchy bumps on my arms and legs that seemed to spread...

Last reply
  • Dermatologist advises it’s not scabies

just seen dermatologist who says I have exema.  True I have a few places which could be on my legs and a red patch on my ring finger but this doesn’t account for the small red spots spread on legs arms and back.  Not many but I keep finding one or two more.  I was told to put the steroid...

Last reply
  • Post scabies or reinfected?

Ive been dealing with scabies since october didnt know what it was till December 2016 didnt the Permethrin treatment thats days and a week late washed bedding and laundry in hot water, vacuumed and everything, my boyfriend had it too bendid the treatment as well. We were healing everything was clearing...

Last reply
  • Scabies not gone!

I am so depressed! Stopped taking oral moxidenton because it was making me sick. My joints were so stiff I could barely walk. It didn't work for me anyway. New bumps still showed up. Now I am using sulfur with gasoline. It's starting to work. From what I have read on these wonderful forums I...

Last reply
  • Wrongly misdiagnosed with Scabies? Help!

My Father has bad psiarosis. About 4 months ago I had visible psiarosis on my legs, which went away after a month, it seems to happen when Im stressed. Then I found out my Mum had cancer and for some reason my skin flared up crazily, obviously due to worry and stress. I have slept in a lot of beds the...

Last reply
  • Your Scabies WILL Go Away!

I just want to write this for anyone who has recently been diagnosed with scabies and is feeling very hopeless. (I don't doubt that some of the people on here truly have been struggling with this for a very long time, or maybe another condition that is misdiagnosed as Scabies.) But when you know...

Last reply
  • Can scabies make you feel ill

i was told by the doctor that It COULD be scabies and I duly put the cream all over twice.  I hope to see a dermotologist as my husband doesn’t think it is.  However I keep feeling unwell and am not sure what to do.  I also have some dry itchy patches on my legs which won’t go away as...

Last reply
  • Do my boyfriends family have to be treated for Scabies?

Recently found out that my sister has scabies and my other sister and I have caught it from her as she comes to visit at weekends.  We’ve begun treatment and our bed sheets and clothes and towels are all being washed.  My biggest concern is that I’ve passed it on to my boyfriend, who I share...

Last reply
  • Does it have to be inbetween your fingers?????

Hi everyone  Please can you advise/ help me with this current issue.  Can you have scabies and it's not in between your fingers????  I'm pretty certain I have scabies as had same symptoms in the past and did a scabies treatment and it all cleared up!  However I keep coming...

Last reply
  • Need help for my daughter, scabies is not fair.

My baby jai who is 14 has gotten scabies I don't know how and it's hurts me to see her suffering, she has been put on permethrin lotion and benadryl, and clindamycin, and muterbol cream her itching is intense at times it started 2 weeks ago . Can someone tell me if scabies is curable and reassure...

Last reply
  • Scabies marks

I have numerous scab like crusts on my legs and I can't tell if it's still scabies on my legs or if it's scabs from my itching previously from my recent scabies.Either way I feel scabies is gone but scabs won't heal 

Last reply
  • Scabies anxiety

Hi everyone, I've started getting a little itch in my groin region and also started noticing a little itching on other random areas on my body. Now, as I have quite severe anxiety, I am considering my mind may just be playing tricks and as I have a minor itch, I've...

Last reply
  • HELP! Scabies exposure scare...

so.. way back in may.. one of my BESTEST friends started having intense itching and weird red rashes coming up all over the place... she is in a bit of a difficult place and wasn't concerned at all. However, i was convinced it was scabies as i had read about them before. She convinced me other wise,...

Last reply
  • Do scabies rash disappear after a few hours??

I think I might have scabies. I came back from a trip to South East Asia mid-July. While waiting for my luggage at the airport I felt intense itch on the buttocks and I can feel the large welts even through my jeans. I didn't think too much of it because I thought it could be just mosquito bite....

Last reply
  • Help!!!

So, this is what's going on. My son was diagnosed with scabies about 4 weeks ago. My family did the first treatment of perm. At this time my other two kids and I had no symptoms. After the first treatment we got these little red bumps and then they scabbed. I am losing my ever loving Monday over...

Last reply
  • I'm Sure Its SCABIES :::

Hello guys 👏 Here goes, my 20 year old daughter started itching excessively on her legs, belly, head, hands, and ways cut a very long story down ,few wks passed she was online searching symptoms, scabies came up, then it all fell into place, her long term (dick) of a bf was sleeping with...

Last reply
  • Is it going away or never left???

My son and I were diagnosed last Sunday (going on 10 days ago).  He and I were being eaten a live by something for weeks but my husband and daughter have never had any bites or itching... I finally went to a clinic and was told it was scabies.  I got 2 bottles of permethrin 5% for all of us...

Last reply
  • Our nightmare with Scabies!

We had battled this miserable parasite for 3 long months. Our 18mo contracted it from kids at the campground we was staying at. We travel for my husband work so we live in a camper. I did the lotion in me and her because we slept together and my husband slept in a different bed. Well a couple months...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.