Skip to content

Scabies

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How do you know if you are cured of scabies

Please help me i think i have scabies that wont go away. I got a ring like patch on my right leg in april that was itchy so i treated it with an antifungal cream that made it subside but was still visible. Then in late may i started to get a few small itchy bumps on my arms and legs that seemed to spread...

Last reply
  • Your Scabies WILL Go Away!

I just want to write this for anyone who has recently been diagnosed with scabies and is feeling very hopeless. (I don't doubt that some of the people on here truly have been struggling with this for a very long time, or maybe another condition that is misdiagnosed as Scabies.) But when you know...

Last reply
  • Scabies finally CURED...

So first things first, I am not selling, trolling or gloating. After having scabies for the last 6 months (2 knowingly) i can say that I am finally cured. For the first three months of having this awful affliction I was convinced it was something else (guttate psoriasis) due to having this skin problem...

Last reply
  • I was very happy to find that common table salt in a war...

I was very happy to find that common table salt in a warm bath cured my Scabies. After soaking for 15 minutes, get out of the bath and drip dry. Do not use a towel, but if you must, just pat dry with kitchen towels as they are more hygenic.If needed, repeat after 4 days. I feel this treatment should...

Last reply
  • cured!!!! 100% real story/my story!!!

This is my story. I am not completely sure how I got it or if I ever really had it. I did what some people might have also done, self diagnosed. If I could go back I would have definitely went to a dermatologist and demanded a skin scrape test, which would hopefully determine what exact skin condition...

Last reply
  • Does this look like scabies?

I have a rash that is on my hands, breasts, stomach and waist. Pretty much everywhere. It has been a little itchy but not too bad. Had it about 2 weeks now. I go to the Derm Friday but am curious to see if it looks like scabies...

Posted
  • Ten months of Stalemate.....then an intriguing discovery.

My battle with scabies started in August. I'm not sure where I caught it but my feet started itching and I assumed it was some version of athlete's foot. After a couple of months it started spreading up my legs and around my buttocks and scrotum, then on to my stomach forearms chest and shoulders....

Last reply
  • Scabies

I was told by a doctor that I had scabies because I had bumps...these bumps itch, dry out and flatten leaving a tiny scab as small as a needle prick in one day. New bumps (maybe 4 or 5) will come the next day and itch, dry out and flatten. Are scabies bumps suppose to do this?

Posted
  • How we killed scabies longterm

The only way I got rid of scabies was by heat of 122 degrees or over for 45 minutes in an infrared sauna. I went through many rounds of using ivermectin and washing everything (sheets, towels, etc) in hot water. Nothing worked since my immune system is impaired. We bought a sauna because we could not...

Last reply
  • Is this scabies? What should I do?

Hi everyone, So like 10 days ago i went to the park and lied on the grass with my skin contacting the grass directly and after that I had intense itching. I thought it was just my skin ( i have sensitive skin) reacting to the grass but after a week it still hasnt gone away and it keeps itching like...

Last reply
  • Cured! I hope this helps someone.

We are cured...after over 6 months of misery that only those with this plague can understand. We would never want to go though that again, and I decided when I was going through it that I’d write something that might help others. I feel terrible for you all because I can’t imagine much else that causes...

Last reply
  • Worried about scabies reinfestation

I went to the Dr about 2-3 weeks ago and was told i had scabies after getting really itchy bumps on my inner thighs and stomach.  My little brother had it a few months ago then spread it to my parents so im assuming thats where i got it from.  i know it takes about a month for symptoms to show...

Last reply
  • Mites/scabies

I just am using this as a reference for others but I was just at a friend's house with my two daughters for about thirty minutes. I sat on a table chair and they sat on the couches. She had taken in someone whom had scabies and I had never heard of it before. Since we did not stay long I did not...

Last reply
  • Is this scabies

I had scabies from last summer up until Christmas time after multiple topical cream treatments eventually all of the marks cleared up besides one bump still left on my foreskin. This was not itchy so I presumed it was something else but in the past couple of days I’ve started to notice I’m slightly itchy...

Last reply
  • Mites/Scabies

Day ten million at least that is the feeling for those of us who can get them away after one topical treatment. If this site can take away something its this people with medical conditions like this need a place to vent, medical. Professionals dont know much about this unfortunately and dont tend to...

Posted
  • After Permetherin treatment

I contracted Scabies in 10/26/17 and was asymptomatic until after 4 weeks.  I received permethrine 5% treatment on 12/19/17 and a second treatment on 12/22/17.  I cleaned everything religiously.  After my treatments I noticed that all the areas that had a rash and the one tunnel I saw...

Last reply
  • SCABIES CURED ....I hope

So it all started around October 2017. My head started to be itchy here and there. I tried the ordinary over counter shampoos. All given temporary relief for few days and itch started again. Then one day,I walked too fast and got very hot. Once home back started to be very itchy all over and then the...

Last reply
  • How do you heal your skin after scabies?

Could you pls advise? Two months ago, I suffered from scabies after a holiday. The problem was all over my legs. Then I saw my GP, got some medicine and now the doctor said the scabies have gone. I don't feel itchy anymore. However, now the skin on my legs looks very bad. I have to wear trousers...

Last reply
  • New to scabies

5 days ago i was itchy as hell and it lasted for another 3-4 days and so i went to the doctor and he didn't even do any kind of test, he just looked at my rash and the dots and i said "i think its scabies" and he said yeah. He gave me permethrin 5% and methylprednisolone and i rubbed it...

Last reply
  • Scabies diagnosis but no contact with people?

I've had an itchy rash for 10 days and anti-histamines don't help. Saw my GP who looked at hands and said it was scabies. I was relieved to know what it is and went to NHS online to learn more. Trouble is I live alone, don't work, don't share bedding/towels, only meet people walking the...

Last reply
  • I think I was cured.

Had positive scabies since last November. Tried the doctors way first with little or no results. I did all of the scabies cleaning rituals diligently. These were tough little buggers and the meds did nothing but slow them. So I kicked it up a little. I bought 36.8 % permethrin and IGR(insect growth regulator)....

Last reply
  • Is it scabies?

Hello everyone so I treated myself for scabies about 2 weeks for a second time and I washed everything. For the last few days my leg has been itchy and then last night one area in between my fingers for itchy and now I’m freaking out because I don’t want it to be scabies again. I can’t do it again. How...

Last reply
  • Mites/scabies

Ok. So I have been doing and trying everything and I just want to say I found something comforting and will at least it seems bring eggs up it did seem to kill adults for me to. Sarna anti itch at local stores and permetherin 10% multi-purpose insecticide and some water. Less water and lotion the better...

Posted
  • Easy cheap convenient scabies cure (possible one hit cure)

THERE HAVE BEEN PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD SCABIES FOR MONTHS OR EVEN A YEAR WHO HAVE BEEN CURED BY DOIN THIS ONCE. ANYONE Almost can do this. 1) Start boiling all the water you can fit on your stove in the biggest pots you have on the highest heat you have(may not have to if water gets hot enoug. 2) While...

Last reply
  • i need help

many doctores diagnosed me as having dermatrit vut i have this on my body and spreading to all mybody still. i have it for 8 years n no one in my home ever got infected. if it is scabies is it a hope of recovery after these years??? 

Last reply
  • Help! Does this sound like scabies?

Hi everyone,  So I work in a nursing home and they have recently discovered one of the residents has scabies, so we are extra cautious with protective equiptment etc, when I finish my shift my daughter is always in bed I go straight upstairs to shower and put my uniform in the laundy, on Friday...

Posted
  • Please help, is this scabies?

Hi everyone,  My 3 year old daughter had 3 spots on her face 4 days ago then it quickly developed to a rash all over her face and neck. I took her to the doctors who said it as a viral infection and prescribed some cream to moisturise, however I’m entirely convinced as today she woke up with them...

Last reply
  • Scabies in my mouth! They are everywhere-

I am so depressed all I want is my life back.  I want to be the old me when it was 3 or 4 years ago, but now I have scabies all over my body, literally all over my body.  It is so bad that I used my permethrin cream last night and woke up this morning with infections all over my...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.