How I got rid of scabies in 10 days!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i wanted to write my experience to give some hope for people who are struggling with scabies and feel like it will never go away. When I had scabies, it started as an itchy bump in my groin. within 2 weeks, it spread everywhere to my armpits, wrists, breast, belly and behind my knees. i initially thought it was jock itch and was using multiple anti-fungals and was taking benadryl around the clock. i couldn't sleep. I would scratch to the point of hurting myself, I had bruising and marks everywhere where I scratched too hard. my dermatologist told me that the distribution if the rash fits scabies, I wasn't convinced, because my husband had no symptoms and we are very clean we shower twice aday and wear our clothes once before we wash them. my doctor said some people can be asymptomatic and scabies still affects the cleanest people. we applied it anyway. my husband and I applied permethrin from neck down one night and I woke up to start my cleaning party, I washed all our clothes, I vaccumed the carpets and sprayed them with lysol, I vaccumed the couches and sprayed them with lysol. I cleaned the bathroom with bleach. it was one hell of a day I didn't sit down for 8 hours straight. The itching got worse, and my doctor told me it will get worse due to a reaction to the dead mites, it will go away once my body forms new skin and it takes 1 month. I didn't wanna suffer for 1 month!! so I decided to exflotiate! to remove all the dead mites under my skin. I used brown sugar/olive oil/a drop of teatree oil,I took a warm shower to open the pores and thoroughly exfoliated everyday. one week later, we applied the 2nd treatment, and I did the same thing, including the cleaning party. within 10 days from fhe first treatment, all my itching was gone!! and I had new shiny skin! the marks will take a while to fade away but you won't itch anymore and your skin will feel very soft!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Did you have any pets? did yob treat them too

• Posted

Glad to hear that. My son and I are going on 2 years with no luck yet. What brand of Permethrin did y'all use? I hear that some brands are better than others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.