Is it really scabies?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to the dermatologist for my feet. I've been dealing with this for 8 years, very dry, itchy skin, that turns into silvery scales. very similar in appearance to eczema or psoriasis. Doctor took a scraping to rule out tinea (which he did not suspect). Dermoscopy confirmed no tinea. I was eventually diagnosed with psoriasis. In addition to this however he was shocked when he saw what he said was one single live scabies mite. No eggs, no larva, etc, just the ONE live mite. He said he's never seen this before. I have NO symptoms of scabies. No burrow marks and nothing that even remotely looks like a scabies bite or rash (his words).

I am very much a homebody. I rarely leave my house, I even work from home. I do have a husband and 2 kids. None of them have any symptoms at all. My doctor was shocked that my husband does not have it nor does he have any symptoms as we share a bed.

My question: Is it really possible to have just one live mite without eggs, larva, etc? How has it not multiplied or spread to anybody else in my household? How could I have possibly gotten this without leaving my house in the last couple of months? Or having any visitors.

I have been scouring the internet for any helpful information. Non of this makes any sense.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i mean that sounds partly true but did he check your whole body? there could be more. sounds rare for it to just be one, whether its a female or male you should find out soon if you get more red bumps randomly around your body

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.