I was very happy to find that common table salt in a war...

Posted , 103 users are following.

I was very happy to find that common table salt in a warm bath cured my Scabies. After soaking for 15 minutes, get out of the bath and drip dry. Do not use a towel, but if you must, just pat dry with kitchen towels as they are more hygenic.If needed, repeat after 4 days.

I feel this treatment should be made public, as it is free of harmful poisons associated with common cures prescribed by the physician.

The salt will get into the mite holes to kill the eggs, and also kill the mites on the surface almost instantly.

This is something all families have readily available in the kitchen, and is very simple to use.

Make sure all bedding is washed in at least 50 degrees, and clothing is changed and washed as hot as possible.

[i:95f80446b8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:95f80446b8]

9 likes, 151 replies

151 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Unless it is a scientific fact that salt water kills scabies mites, i would be very weary of trying this. salt water CAN clean scratches, but in the long run it will dry out skin too much. i know my skin is very dry and sensitive after my malathion treatment which i have had to repeat as it didnt work the first time. yes it would be great if this works!

[i:2e6ff423d6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2e6ff423d6]

• Edited

Did you ever consider aloe Vera juice for dry skin?
  • Posted

I initially thought I had flea bites, and so took a warm bath in salt water and covered myself and fresh bedding in olbas oil and tiger balm. However on further investigation and research, it is almost certain that I had scabies - after the above treatment the relief was immediate and dramatic. All blotches, redness and itching disappeared totally in 24 hours, so something clearly worked
  • Edited

Thanks for the clues on salt. Just think if you lived by a salt water beach: you'd be healthy all the time. Here is something that enters the exoskeleton of the scabies and dries them out: It's human grade diatomaceous earth and is used in food and water to kill intestinal parasites. All it is is a bunch of crushed up sea shells found at the bottom of the ocean. It's dynamite!

\"This powder has an abrasive feel, similar to pumice powder, and is very light, due to its high porosity. The typical chemical composition of diatomaceous earth is 86% silica, 5% sodium, 3% magnesium and 2% iron.

Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. It is used as a filtration aid, as a mild abrasive, as a mechanical insecticide, as an absorbent for liquids, as cat litter, as an activator in blood clotting studies, and as a component of dynamite. As it is also heat-resistant, it can be used as a thermal insulator.\"

• Edited

i am familiar with it and used it for feline lice and covered the carpet and flooring with it . How would you use it for scabies?

• Posted

I put it on like talcum powder, all over my skin, especially my feet, and I put it on all my shoes. It dries them out.

• Edited

Hi, I've had scabies before and I don't agree with the salt water theory. I live next to the sea and am a regular swimmer / beach goer. I caught scabies around May this year and had to treat them with cream. They came back despite following all the instructions. I was swimming 2 - 3 times a week in the sea around this time (for about an hour each time). I finally got rid of them with Derbac M liquid.

If you do have scabies use the correct medication!

• Posted

Hi, can you please let me know how you used theDerbac M liquid
    • Posted

Where do you get Derbac M liquid? Because I have tried to buy it and there is no one in the USA, it seems that only in England they sell it

• Edited

After trying everything to include all the presciption meds I went to table salt. I soaked and did a salt scrub after the bath on the existing bites. The itching stopped immediately and the holes began healing up quickly. I actually did it every day for a week. It does not ruin your skin like so many other things like tea tree oil. I asked a dermotologist if table salt would hurt my skin and he said no, in fact table salt has nutrients in it since we ingest it daily in just about every food we eat. He also said scabies survive off the fluids under our skin therefore salt dries out the scabies causing them to die immediately.

I also put table salt in my body lotion for a few days and inside my shoes.

I am now totally healed up after months of misery.

• Posted

I, too, have done what you said you have done. My body feels so much better. 1st salt bath, I used sea salt, with Iodine. Was all I had. 2nd bath, same day, I used Epson salt with Lavander. Felt even better.

My biggest thing now is, my hands are the issue. They have been all along, with everything else,too. They itch inbetween the fingers and the palms itch until my hands hurt. Inbetween my finger, there has never been any sign of mites. I don't know why they itch so badly.

More bath tomorrow...Praying this is my cure. 

• Posted

thats another place that they can hide _deep into our skin we just have to find all the nooks and crannies__  they can get into your eyes ,ears,nose,mouth,belly button,privacy areas ,under your arm pitts etc..keep with them don't ever give up__

• Posted

So party what have you done to keep your envoirment safe. I'm having a hard time cleaning because it seems to me that they are in my clothes and I've gone to the drs all they keep saying it's in my head. I'm breaking out in my face as well. It's extremely depressing. I lost my son because of this. I'm suffering so much. I'm just hurting. 😔

• Posted

I’m sorry you’re hurting Mary. The only way to assure you don’t reinfect yourself from clothes is to put your clothes in the dryer on the hottest setting for at least 10 minutes to kill the mites .... if you have carpets it’s possible to have them in your carpets or on furniture and beds and reinfect yourself. Leave the house for at least 4 days. The mites cannot survive without a human host for more than 2-4 days.
    • Posted

How much salt should you put in the water, and can you mix table salt and Epson salt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.