Beginning of scabies - Fastest and most effective remedies

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've just got scabies at 99% though I haven't gone to any doctor and I'm sure an old relative of mine transmitted this disease to me between last July-August because my scabies symptoms started on the 1st week of September... just few days after his diagnosis of scabies!

I told nothing to my relative not to make him feel as a culprit and I used his medical receipt to get the medicine for myself: benzoyl benzoate 25% in sweet almond oil. I put this oil on my body (neck to feet) for 3 nights, then stop for 10 days, then other 3 nights.

My itch decreased after the 2nd cycle but now it seems not to decrease anymore and I'm here because I want to ask you what's the fastest and most effective way to cure myself. I mean there must be a reason if doctor didn't say to my relative: "just put the oil every night until your itch stops", so I want to ask you what's the maximum quantity/frequency of this oil I can use to cure scabies the fastest way. In other words I'm afraid that if I use too much oil and/or too frequently the mites will fit it and get stronger instead of die therefore it won't be effective anymore.

Some other questions:

• I live alone, how can i put/scrub this oil on my back? How do you single men/women do?
  • The receipt said "at night" and I red on the web the oil must lie on the skin at least 8 hours but I don't sleep so much, usually 7 hours; what can you suggest to me for my case? Just go to bed 2 hours before my usual and lie down?
  • I red about permetrin cream 5% and I can get it without medical receipt here so I'd want to know if it's more effective than benzoyl benzoate 25% I've got.
  • I also red about "alternative" methods like using ammonia on limited/small areas of your skin, home bathing in water and salt, etc. Can you tell me more about their effectiveness?

Thanks in advance for your tips, I hope to win my war fastly.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

how are you doing now? Try turning your back to a mirror and watch where youre doing it on yourself? Maybe put some on a spatula and reach back

• Edited

Hi nataly, unfortunately I'm still fighting scabies though it seems to me to feel just about a dozen of "points" of hitching on my skin. I followed your suggestion and used a flat headed wooden spoon (like a spatula) to put and scrub my benzoyl benzoate oil.

I guess I've understood what my main problem is: I've got no washing machine! I can't buy one because I've got not enough money and I live in a small town without a coin laundry. At first I just tried to use boiled water and soap in a basin to wash my towels, bed sheets, etc, but it was not enough, then I bought a steam cleaner and used it every day for my clothes but it wasn't enough, now I'm using pure ammonia sprayed on everything many times a day: my chairs, my bed, my clothes, inside my car, etc. I just regret that bleach can't be used on colored clothes/fibers and skin else I'd do it because it's more effective than ammonia as far as I red around the web.

By the way, my relative seems to have won his battle against scabies... I don't know if it's better to be happy (for him) or sad (for me)!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.