I have had scabies, started treatment, but..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear dermatology experts, this is my first post on this forum so bear with me.

July 10th I had slept with a female which (back then I wasn't aware) had scabies.

One month after that she texted me (I was on vacation) with this great news.. Since I was on vacation I didn't have access to the right treatment products (i.e., Permethrin).

2 weeks further, I came back home and went to buy permethrin to smear on my body from the chin down. After that, changed my sheets and clothes. Next day, after 15h had passed, I took a hot shower, scrubbing my body aggressively.

1 week after this, I have repeated the treatment. Now, exactly 2 weeks after the 2nd treatment, my body still itches. Sometimes I wake up noticing new "pimples" - or it's just in my head - idk anymore.

Yesterday I noticed a red area inbetween my hip and my groin (see pictures). It looks like the skin is irritated?

I started taking hot showers before I go to bed (instead of when I wake up), since I read scabies surface on the skin at night (thus itching starts).

How do the pictures look like to you? Should I be concerned?

Am planning to buy a third dose of 5mg permethrin. Is that a good idea?

Thank you a lot in advance! I am starting to get frustrated.

Note: the pics are taken zoomed in, with a second phone flashing and creating shadow so you can see the pimples.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

does anyone know what it is?

it was a bit itchy today (for 10secs)

• Posted

gosh that does look alot like burrows from scabies. But fo you have red pimple like bumps ? comes in 2s?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.