3 red alerts on blood tests ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, After having some blood tests the GP practice rang to say all was normal,  I have just now had a look at the results and 3 areas are highlighted with asterisk and bright red alert zone.  I hate to seem pushy with GP service as I have had a lot of issues,  but is this okay?

Serum creatinine 86 umol/L  44 - 80umol/L 

Haemoglobin estimation 151 g/l  120 - 150g/l 

Haematocrit 0.46 l/L  0.36 - .46l/L 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am not a doctor nor a medical professional. 

Resullts should be read in conjunction with all results. I presume that liver function tests and kidney function tests were run and came back normal. Thus even though you are out of range it’s only slightly so and may be deemed not clinically significant. 

if your issues are medical or you just want reassurance speak to the doctor and maybe suggest they rerun the results just to be sure. 

• Posted

thanks Jenny and I take your point that it should be read all together.  It is just that on the graphs that are there previously it is all at the other end and green and then the baseline goes vertically up with these readings.  Maybe too much information is dangerous...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.