3 stones in 3 months - bloomin' marvelous!

Posted , 18 users are following.

HURRAY HURRAY

Just been for my 3 month weigh in this afternoon and I have lost 3 STONES now!!!I can't tell you how pleased I am.

I really know nothing and am a bit worried about being guru-ized as I am only a few steps ahead of you. However, I remember being helped by others when I first started in February so if it isn't setting myself up for a fall next month ( which includes a 2 week holiday on All Inclusive) this is what has worked for me so far.

• I weigh and record every single thing I eat and drink other than water

• I aim for 1200-1400 cals a day

• I aim for 25-30g of fat a day with no more than 15g at any sitting - if necessary adding in nuts at a meal to make sure I hit these targets ( I know this sounds very odd and rather counter intuitive, but when I miss the fat targets my loss definitely slows down)

• I force myself to do at least 3 or 4 sweaty exercise sessions a week

• I try to make my fat intake as healthy as possible.

As I say, I really don’t want to set myself up as anything other than a fatty who has managed to lose for 3 months by following these rules – not a GP, not a dietician, not even a long term slimmer yet. However if you would like me to, I can send you my food diary so you can see what I have actually been eating, and I can also send you a spreadsheet I set up for someone else who was trying to work out how much fat was in her portions. They aren’t anything special, but might be a good cross-checker for you if you have lost confidence in your own system. If you want them, you will need to send me your email address so I can forward them.

Anyway keep your chin(s) up and remember that if you eat less and exercise more, it has to work in the end – and the Orlistat does make the progress faster once you get going.

RR (down to my last 2 chins now)

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done RR - 3 stone in 3 months is fab! Full steam ahead!
  • Posted

RR, I couldn't be happier for you!

I would be very interested in the food diary and spreadsheet as anything that makes this easier will be a blessing.

I am now sure it is the too low fat content that has scuppered me. So I am adding it back in and so far, no accidents.

Congrats again and here's a slightly smaller hug!!!!

Lelly xx

• Posted

Wow that's fantastic!!! :lol:

I have just started the tablets today and i would love a copy of your food diary to get a rough idea of what i should/could/can't be eating!!

congratulations again on your loss!!!

• Posted

Congratulations RR you have done so well. I must also thank you for all the help you have given me over the last week. Sor far I have lost 6 lbs so feeling very enthusiastic. No side effects as yet. I can now see why I have never lost any weight before, I wasn't eating enough fat. Worked out yesterday if it wasn't for the nuts you suggested my fat intake would have been 11grams. So ued to reading the labels as I am diabetic and didn't realise I was also eating too few fats. Keep up the good work it is so nice to have someone to talk to.

Mandy

• Posted

Thanks for the support everyone.

Lelly love - send me your email address in a private message.

I will wait another day or 2 then send out to everyone who has asked in a single email.

• Posted

Well done you :D

Thats fantastic...

I also would like to see the food diary and spreadsheet,i will PM you my email addy...

x

• Posted

That's a fantastic amount to have lost - Congratulations! I'll be over the moon if I can achieve that! I started on Orlistat today so would love to see your food diary and spreadsheet - I've sent you a PM with my email address.

Thanks smile

• Posted

Congratulatios - thats fantastic news. I am coming to the end of my second week. I lost 6lb in my first week but would be really interested in what you are doing. I've been finding the fat thing quite difficult and having been trying to top this up with nuts (walnuts).
  • Posted

Congratulations.

I thought I was OCD weighing everything and keeping a spreadsheet :oops: - now I realize I'm not alone.

• Posted

hi just wanted to send my congratulations,and have a lovely holiday you deserve it. :D
  • Posted

That is fantastic !

Well done, I would appreciate it if you can aslo send the stuff to me, will pm you my addy.

Thanks and keep going

• Posted

RR, you are a champ!!!!!!

Congrats on all your weight loss.

We all hope to as successful as you have been.

xx

• Posted

I've just emailed out the spreadsheets to everyone who sent me their email address.

RR xx

• Posted

Thanks very much RR :D
  • Posted

Id like to say thank you very much to you publicly, its really nice of you to share your success and try to help some of us, I am so glad I found this forum as frankly the 2nd nurse I saw was useless, I dont think they are trained to understand how these tablets work at all :evil:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.