3 TKR IN 18 MONTHS

Posted , 6 users are following.

PLEASE READ MY STORY AT TKR

IT IS TRUE. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

For those of you who cannot find Gail's story I have taken the liberty of reposting it here.

Please remember that this is from Gail, to whom all replies should be addressed:

dear friends,

i have had 3 yes 3 TOTAL KNE REPLACEMENTS AND 1 KNEE REVISION IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS.

FIRST ONE LEG WAS OFF ANGLE OFF TO THE LEFT.

NEW DR. MADE IT STRAIGHT AFTER 5 MONTHS. WITH 3 MONTHS HAD PAIN .NEW CONSULT BODY WAS REJECTING IMPLANT.

ON 3RD SURGERY I HAD NEW IMPLANT WITH METAL RODS INSERTED IN UPPER THIGH AND IN LOWER LEG.

IT IS NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS AND LEG IS SWINGING AGAIN TO LEG AND PAIN I FEEL LIKE PEG LEG.

WELL I WONDER IF NOT DOING ENOUGH THERAPY IS REASON BUT WITH PAIN DR SAID STOP....

I AM A MENTAL MESS

• Posted

I'm right there with you sister. I had a tumor in my knee for seven years and didn't even know it was there until it started bulging out of the front and back of my knee. Had it removed but the major damage had been done. The tumor cut off the blood supply to my femur and as a result I lost half of my femur, my entire knee and part of my lower leg bone. B/c the bone was dead and dying. That all started in march 2014. I still can't walk without severe pain and I have to wear a brace so I don't fall. So I understand about mental status being fragile. If u ever need to talk please don't hesitate to contact me. It helps when someone is going through the same thing. Hang in there and don't give up.
    • Posted

Just want to thank you so much for posting my blog for me for all to see
    • Posted

I will update on wedsday

I am going for new state of the art MRI

I forgot to mention

That I have severe back pain due to unstable walk

I am a mess

Take care

• Posted

Wow Gail, what a nightmare. Why did you have the original TKR? I remember immediately after surgery, laying in the surgical ICU realizing that there is a chance my body could reject one of my knees (I had a bilateral TKR). Happy to say that 7 months later, things seems to be continuing in a positive direction. I still have some odd things here and there, but compared to what you've gone through, it's nothing. Keep your head up.
  • Posted

Dear archemdes

thank u so much for posting my saga on this board. i wanted to get my story across to anyone who "hope never" finds there self in this situation.

it has been a nightmare. I should note that the doctor who did last 2 surgeries is in the top 100 in his field. i should mention prior to these TKN in 2012 i had partial.

i was a former body trainer 58 years old,, but the power of a teen. today i sit in my house and wonder will the next surgery will be within 3 weeks will go  sour.

thank u again

• Posted

Your story needed to be seen Gail, and you had every right to express how you feel to everyone, and that is why I republished your story for you, talking about which - you have certainly been through the 'mill'.

I sincerely hope that the forthcoming surgery goes well for you and it results in you having a return to a decent quality of life that can be enjoyed rather than feared.

My best wishes

Arch

• Posted

Keep posting story

I have and update on many knee TKR

Other knee issues, I really cannot give advice expect

Try to avoid surgery try stem cell.

Not available in U.S. As much as Europe

If need be on other knee

I am on next flight to Germany

Like Kobe Bryant

😃

Lakers L A if no one follows N B A

• Posted

That's terrible bad luck Gail.....I hope with all my heart that your next operation goes really well. Please keep in touch with this forum and let us know how you went. We can't do much more than give you moral support, but believe me, that helps when you're feeling down.
    • Posted

Dear friends

I have been scheduled for special MRI at hospital that has new technology for MRI with metal. I am hoping that , what doctor told me is true. That metal rods in uppers d lower leg inserted into bones have not moved. That there is a piece of plastic that helps stabilize leg to stay straight. I believe it is Patella under knee cal and holds outside muscle stronger.

Everyone when at hospital knows me😢😢😢😢

That is weird.

I just pray that I will not have to spend another summer looking out my window.

As for anyone feeling pain after at least 6 weeks of rehab

GO To Dr

THERE is something going wrong

Take my advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.