3 week on from my back operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had posterior lateral instrumentation and decompression laminectomy l3 l4 expandable cage of l3 l4 pro life plus rod and stability.

I had this done on the 24th. I had emergency decompression of l5 l6 in 2008 which left me with bowel and bladder never damage so I have colostomy and ileal conduit stoma for wee. I have mobility issues as well. This last operation 3 weeks on and I am still in my bed I can shuffle around but the pain even with my medication is still bad.

I thought I would be in a lot less pain each day I say tomorrow I will at least get dress and have a very slow walk like I do sometimes before the op as I have mobility issues I take a slow walk to the shop it's at number 2 I live at 34 so it's not far.

But every day I can't bend with out pain I can at least move I try to do exercise for the back. to keep me from stiffening right up.

as anyone had the same type of operation.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.