3 weeks & 1 day Post Op Rectocele Repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

I looked first thing this morning when everything should be less swollen and everything at the opening looks just a “jumbled up” mess! It looks like the surgeon literally just stuffed the insides up and stitched them and everything is falling down around the stitches! Can we exchange post op pictures privately? I know this is a bit odd but I am about to lose my mind here. My post op appt isn’t until next week! 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandy 

I’m also 3 weeks 1 day post op for repair of large cystocele and very large rectocele/entrocele. My outside stitches got infected during the first week so have looked during that week. It was all very messy, swollen and the outside Stitches looked awful. The infection has cleared but at the entrance it looks like a mess of ‘inside’ tissue. I am hoping as so many posts have stated that it is still very swollen and there’s lots more healing to happen. 3 weeks is early days, that’s what I’m telling myself anyway. It is quite major surgery but if it’s worrying you that much maybe speak to the consultant secretary to see if your appointment can be bought forward or see your GP. Not sure if you are UK based. I’m keeping everything crossed that all is ok and hope it is for you too. Let me know how things go xx 

Tracey xx 

• Posted

Try not to worry Sandy J, at only just over 3 weeks post op  rectocele repair you have a long way to go.

You will be swollen for a good few weeks I was nearer 6 weeks post op before swelling starts to go down and nearer 3 months post op before everything seemed normal.

Best to try not look in early days as it looks worse than it really is! 

Stitches will not come out until wounds start to draw together healing and even once stitches come out the deeper tissues can take much longer.

Repairs are major surgery and rectocrle repair can take up to 4 months or longer.

Rest as much as you can in early weeks and take your time building your strength back up being careful of weight bearing and don't overdo time on your feet.

When walking your pelvic floor supports the weight of the pelvic organs and pelvic floor is trying to heal so please take it easy.

Good luck hope all goes well with your recovery x 

• Posted

Oh bless you hun. Sounds like what my first anterior repair looked like,I knew something wrong. Please go back to your surgeon asap so he can examine the area and give you a definitive answer. As the other lovely ladies say.. It's way to early to check. I'm 11 wks post tvh and anterior repair,I'm scared to look lol. Please call them asap so you get piece of mind. Phyl has had the same op As you and really gives straight up advice,even she took months to heal. Keep in touch Sandy pkease.xx

• Posted

You sound so distressed hun.isn't it want to pm me with picture feel free. I feel for youxx

• Posted

You’re probably better going to your doctor rather than swapping pics on here!

It’s probably not as bad as you think, you’re probably got a lot of swelling still.

• Posted

Yes definitely hun. We are not doctors are we lol. I did advice that first off.x
  • Posted

Not sure if even GPs can even tell is repair has been successful in early weeks, but can at least maybe reassure you that nothing serious is wrong. 

I was as at my 12 week post op with consultant if I had resumed sex as in penetration , if so that is a good sign that repair has been successful. 

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about but getting checked will put your mind at rest.

X

• Posted

Consultant asked if had resumed sexual intercourse. 
  • Posted

Hi sandy I meant 5 months post Anterior and posterior and feel horrible all lumpy inside and can see bulge not sure what It is feel mutated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.