3 weeks after anterior and posterior repai

Posted , 5 users are following.

back at work 3 weeks after anterior and posterior repair - desk job . After about 3-4 hours it starts to feel very heavy and uncomfortable. Is this normal? When did other people find it got better?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Jenny

your brave returning back so soon as yiur repairs. I'm not at all surprised yiur very sore at end of day.

my consultant told me rest and no bending,lifting or stretc9 for at least 6 weeks as yiur tissues are still healing inside.

be very careful yiu do overdue and cause strain to repair as yiur can re prolapse again at any time.

yiur feeling strain as yiur body is telling you yiur doing to much.

rest up hunx

• Posted

That is far too early to go back to work,whatever you are doing. You need 6 weeks off at least and maybe more. Welshgirl is absolutely right in what she says. Your body is nowhere near being healed and gravity will take its toll of those tender tissues. You risk having those prolapses return. You need more healing time.

• Posted

Thanks. How did you feel at three weeks? How long did it take to be able to work a full day etc.

• Posted

at least 3 months if yiur on feet all day like shop work. if you have a sit down job then may be 2 months but even sitting to long causes pressure and strain.

we yiu not told it fakes our body 12 wks to make strong scar tissue? thus us what gives the repair its shelf life so to speak.

• Posted

Hi Jenny. I am guessing your repairs were done vaginally? If so, I really would suggest you take another couple of weeks at home. I had (vaginal) posterior repair back in May and definitely needed the 6 weeks I was signed off for. I had that heavy feeling like you describe. It becomes painful and uncomfortable, even when you are just sitting. I have just had (4 weeks ago) laparoscopic hysteropexy which is re-suspension of the uterus. i am going back to my desk job on Monday but this recovery has been somewhat easier. Please take a but longer if you can.

• Posted

wow....way to early to be back at work. i could hardly stand at 3 weeks. my surgeon signed me off work for 3 months and then 3months phased return possibly due to being a teacher and always on my feet and on the go. im now 7 months post op and am now just starting to feel anything like my old self energy wise and vaginal wise with discomfort at the end of the day. take it easy as this op can be undone so easily. good luck hun.....more time at home 😃x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.