3 weeks after colon resection

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my colon resection 10/31/19

Anyone experience bloody stool 3 weeks after surgery? I've been doing great but didnt know if this was normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I personally don't remember, but don't think I did. It could be drainage from the surgery, mine drained about 3 days. I would call your doctor to just be on the safe side.

• Posted

I don't remember any bloody stool either. If you are doing great, it could be as glenda_82112 said, drainage from surgery. But I would check with doctor just to confirm.

• Posted

I am 5 weeks out in healing, and I can say I saw blood on toilet paper which means an irritated backside, however I have never saw loose blood into the toilet.

If its liquid blood in the toilet I'd go to an ER honestly, if it's just coating stool or on TP I would keep a close eye that it doesn't continue.

Any pain along with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.