3 weeks after ear tubes. Pain in one ear and hearing reduced dramatically

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all have had 4 sinus surgeries, last one in January Have always had eustacian tube issues. Had one tube put in my ear last year which helped the liquid to drain yay! So recently i had another tube installed and now my hearing is way more muffled and pain in my left ear grr plus my sense of smell has been gone fir a year making another appt with ent but so tired of thisplus lots of green mucous ent does not seem bothered with thatSeems like prednisone is the only answer? Anyone else suffering????

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

4 surgeries? wow, that's crazy. ive been dealing with the ETD for a year. Deviated septum on the left side is really bad for me, so my left ear pop and cracks the most. the right ear isnt so bad. had a balloon sinuplasty in apr. '18, and allergy shots started jun. '18.

i would say ive had a little bit improvement. elevation doesnt bother me as severe as it once did. i also haven't had a sinus infection in over 14 months, which is a record.

The ETD affects everyone differently. No one is equal and i dont think anyone's solution will help for another. the only thing i would say is maybe get allergy tested. you really don't want to rely on Prednisone. good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.