3 weeks after rectocele cystocele op and still very painful. Is this normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm 3 weeks today post op but think the pain is sometimes worse than at the beginning. its still very awkward to sit properly and the best relief is if i lay on my side. I've made sure i walk each day but its really uncomfortable and painful. i take paracetamol but it doesn't help much. would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Three weeks is really no time at all. Give your body time to heal and be patient with yourself. And yes it can seem as though the pain feel worse. It will get better. Love and light.

• Posted

Hi

It can take many more werks for pain to ease off.

Rectocele repair has a lot of stitches and of course swelling.

No lifting at all and gentle walks for first few weeks.

It takes up to 12weeks to form strong scar tissue.

The front wall repair doesnt normally cause much pain..

I had vaginal hysterectomy and anterior in January

It was my second repair..first one didnt hold and i.did nothing for 8 wks. I was devastated about it but2 years later and a new consultant i had a very easy recovery.

Gentle heat is good and very soothing around the tummy Area.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Hi rosemary.14..

3 weeks is very early to be expecting to be pain free I feel women are not given enough information on what to expect. I'm an oldie I'm 14 weeks post op.I had Rectoenterocelle Repair, SSF. although my surgery was successful I'm still not pain free,I think it's more nerve pain now still have to be careful especially when I'm with the grandchilren .being as I'm an oldie it's probably going to take me a lot longer to heal .so try not to fret to much just rest rest and more rest .keep in touch with the ladies on forum.who have gone through this painful experience. they will be very helpful. I wish you a speedy recovery. take care.x

• Posted

sorry rosemary.I suppose you weren't expecting to be pain free.and the pain does seem to get worse at times that's quite a common complaint .so be extra friendly with your hot water bottle.I switched to co-codamol now and again.although it can cause constipation if you stay on them to long that's something you DON'T want to have.

• Posted

I am only a week out - posterior rectocele repair, vaginal vault lift and perinium repair. not being able to poo.. and pelvic pressure is the worst. can't get comfortable - lie down, turn over, on my stomach, get up, walk around, sit down ... and repeat. all day long... and i stopped taking any pain meds because it makes constipation worse. try eating a lot of fiber and taking miralax , and lots of water- it seems to help me. dr said to make sure to urinate every 2hrs too to alleviate any bladder pressure. I also found that if I hold myself up with my hand in my pelvic area while walking it helps... looks strange so I just do this in my own home LOL - hope you start feeling better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.