3 weeks ago I had xlif surgery. Still have lower back pain. Should I get an X-ray

Posted , 5 users are following.

When I walk a little extra outside my apt I feel pain from inflammation 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roberta 1776, 

I would have thought it will remain painful for a good few weeks, if not months, after surgery. The nervous system can take ages to settle once disturbed.

However, if the pain is a burning feeling along with inflammation at the operation site it would be worth a visit to your doctor.

Mike.

• Posted

Hello! I think it is waaaayyyyto early to expect to be pain free! Your nerves and muscles need to heal much more! Patience is important during recovery! 
  • Posted

Although you need to keep mobile be very careful not to overdo it you are still healing from a very invasive operation, please do not try to hurry things along you will

Only pay for it later and in a big way, I'm not trying to frighten you but takenit from us who have been there, we understand how frustrating it is to get back to "normal" but listen to your body and rest when needed, take care and be patient pleaae😊

• Posted

What is an XLIF?  I had an LLIF (see picture) at L2/L3 for severe bilateral stenosis.  90-minute op, one-night hospital stay, no brace, no rehab, immediate pain relief...like the stenosis never existed and the op never happened.  Miracle op.  What did the docs do to you?????  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.