3 weeks and no change, im getting worse!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, sorry to drone on but i would really love to have any feedback to help put my mind at rest.

Ok so it started 3-4 weeks ago, i had really bad chest pains under my left breast, my doctor said it was a pulled muscle, the pain got much worse and moved to the centre of my chest so i went to a&e, my ECG was fine, and all my bloods were fine, Blood pressure slightly high, i got sent home again saying it was a pulled muscle.....day after day i seem to have gotten worse, so back to the doctor i go, they think its acid reflux and depression/anxiety, i wsa prescribed Omerzaprole and Citalopram, i have been taking the Omerzaprole for over a week now and nothing has changed, i havent taken the Citalopram as im pretty sure im not depresseed or anxious, i am happy at the minute and have a lot to look forward too, basically the doctors are saying there is nothing wrong with me apart from being anxious.....but i am not too sure, i think there is something going on in my chest , maybe my lungs? Has anyone been in a similar situation to me? I dont know what to do????? THeres no set time to my pain, even when its not on my mind and im at work, im fine one minute then the next the pain is there, I can be resting or doing something as simple as washing up and i get breathless with the pain,Right now with the pain i feel at my worst, and do feel breathless a lot,should i go to a & e again?? I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday but not sure if i can wait till then. Sorry for going on and on but i really am worried that no one is listening to me and there is something wrong with me, surely anxiety can not cause daily severe pains with breathlessness? Many Thanks

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HEllo Danielle ' same symptoms . Were you ever diagnosed with costochondritis ? My doctor has no clue and I basically relying on this forum for relief .

• Posted

Hi Simone,

I did eventually get diagnosed with costochondritis as well as having anxiety/panic attacks, since i last posted after properly getting diagnosed i feel much better in myself, im currently on omerzaprole and i take paracetamols/ibroprufen as and when needed, wheras when i first posted in this forum my symptoms were constant and i was convinced it was something much more sinister, wouldn't believe any of the doctors, but now i just get a day or so flare up now and again with the chest pain but instead of me panicing thinking its something else i have learnt to do something like reading,cleaning,baking to stop me from stressing and it seems to wear off. Even though my doctor diagnosed me with costochrondritis i feel its much more to do with health anxiety, but all in all i would say i feel great these days luckily. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions im more than happy to answer where i can. xx

• Posted

So happy to hear that someone is getting

Some

Form of relief or just shorter bouts with 'tis condition . Not going to keep asking symptoms but did you feel breathless at times? And like something a catch or a band was around your sternum ? 'Prob so . Am going. To take

Blood work as prescribed by then rheumatologist and go from there . Thank God for this forum .

• Posted

Last night I breathed in and turned my

Body a certain Way and had such a sharp pain shooting through my sternum chest wall. So that really sounds like the plethora of symptoms that many ppl on this forum has experienced . Have you had that type of feeling ?

• Posted

I FEEL THE SAME WAY...YOU NEED TO MOVE DONT GIVE INTO IT...MY MUSCLES IN MY RIBS ARE PULLING ON ME SO BAD.... I CANT TAKE IT AND MY LUNGS ARE FULL OF PHLEGMS .. AND TRYING TO FRIGGEN SURVIVE ON SSDI ...I HAVE BEEN TO DOCTORS ALL OVER NH THEY DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS OR DO....

JESUS MAYBE IF WE BOTH PRAY SOMETHING WILL GIVEcry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.