3 weeks constant gas/bloating/gurgling and more

Posted , 21 users are following.

Firstly I know this is a forum for long term IBS sufferers but what I really want to know is if it's possible this will go away sad

I've never had any bowel problems in my life. I'm 26 and currently going through a time of quite bad stress/anxiety.

Out of nowhere 3 weeks ago I woke up with painful trapped gas. It took all day for it to pass along with some watery stool.

Every day since then I have woken up feeling like I've been inflated, my stomach will start gurgling for ~1 and I'll become bloated at random times of day. I will often but not always have soft stool but no mucous or blood.

I've seen my dr a few times. Stool test was normal, waiting on bloods. She says it sounds like a stress/IBS type reaction and that it should pass.

The thing is, I have the gas/bloating every single day even despite full dose of buscopan.

Can anyone reassure me without humoring me? This is making me extremely anxious sad

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ciaran, I seem to be experiencing the exact same thing you are with little results from the Dr. office. Did you find anything to help your symptoms? I also often feel like that gas bubble created in the stomach echos around/near the heart.
  • Posted

Hi Ciaran - Did you ever find out what the problem was? Were you on antibiotics for anything just before your symptoms started? Sometimes antibiotics kill off the good bacteria with the bad and can make your stomach confused until it can re-balance itself.  I'm going to ask for an H Pylori test.

• Posted

I completely understand where you are coming  from i am the same way. what do you recommend i take.  My cloth are tight @ waist i look pregnant & the top part of booby area feels big. help....help...!!!

• Posted

I am not sure i was diagnosed with an extra heart beat i wonder if it has anything to do with the bloating and gas i experience pretty much everyday. doctor told me to cut down on caffeine...bad thing i also smoke too. 
  • Posted

Dear Ciaran - I see your post is from 3 yrs ago - but I'll answer it anyway. If all your tests are coming back negative and you admit going through a difficult personal time, hopefully this will clear when your life settles down. I didn't have the cramping/pain that others have mentioned, just loud, constant churning that was palpable. It felt like when I was pregnant and the baby would move. And the bloating! I tried stretches, massage - little result. I found that lying on my back and hugging my knees to my chest helped relieve the gas smile. My tests (including HPylori) were all negative as well. My doctor tried a PPI but that didn't work and then just got annoyed with me. My diet had changed with age (much older than you) and I too, was going through a lot of personal stress which also impacted my diet. Unfortunately the situation feeds on itself. Emotional Stress > gut > added stress from gut. In my case, I kept a brief food/fiber log and increased my water intake. That alone, was not the answer but did find that my diet sucked and fiber intake for my daily calories was too high. My poor colon was working overtime. I ate bland (healthy) foods for a few days and found that stress upsets the stomach's acid/biotic levels. Don't go out and buy a bunch of probiotics. There are millions of those in your system and finding the right mix is futile. BUT there are ways to help your gut re-set itself. I ate a half cup of unpasteurized sour kraut (must be refrigerated - not the canned stuff) for a few days. Oddly - it helped. Something about the fermentation technique that supplies the gut with what it needs. The real key is in finding a way to handle the stress that's causing it. I have a friend that also has IBS. When we compared notes we found a common link. We were holding in our feelings toward the person(s) causing the stress. What's the old saying? The definition of stress is the inability to beat the $%^& out of the person causing it. I'm not suggesting you cause someone physical harm- but I am advocating that you take more control of whatever situation has brought you here. Speak your mind - and eat some kraut. It helped me.

• Posted

It maybe all to do with food allergy and also low  stomach acid?

Try cross testing or changing to gluten free and no processed food for 3 months --- things should turn around

Also see a homeopath nutritionist if you are in the UK

• Posted

I suffer from extreme bloating and IBS D because of stress. Main trigger for me. What would help is to manage stress (easier said than done) but lately trying out warm lemon ginger and turmeric tea is helping! I am inlove with it. Making it is good too but most of the time I buy it online because I am very busy. 

Tried other ways to manage stress and anxiety too like essential oils and even yoga

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.