3 weeks in

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is my third time on citalopram in the last 15 years but not taken it until now for 7 years. In the past ive taken it for anxiety and its done the trick. This time im taking it for depression. I took 10mg for a week so have been on 20mg for 2 weeks. Side effects are wearing off but im just so tired. I switched to taking it at 6pm a week ago and I don't know if its helped as I wake up at night now. I have small children so cant catch up on sleep. I go to bed as early as I can but im just so tired. I can't remember if I was always tired last time I was on it. I could catch up on sleep more easily I guess so it didn't matter. Now though when catching up is not an option I wonder if its better to be depressed than exhausted. I have no energy or motivation to clean my house where as before I may have been miserable but least my house was clean! I am feeling more positive the last few days its just the tiredness....

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. Im intrigued to see how this works out for you.. I've been on 10mg for ages (4 years) and due to life issues i needed to up the dose. I went to 20mg for 6 weeks. Not much happened so im 5 days into 30mg but im convinced i might be 'immune' to it by now. Its starting to worry me.

Since youve been on it 3 times im hoping you might give me some hope!

Neil

• Posted

The 4 years you were on 10mg did it work for you? That is a very low dose. I wonder if now you are taking a much more recomended dose and you just need to give it time to get into your system? I was on 40mg for 18 months and felt anxiety free. I only stopped taking because I was pregnant.
    • Posted

Yes it worked at 10mg...but life stresses increased and the anxiety has hit me harder than ever.

Im sick of this morning anxiety..it wont go away. How much longer sad

• Posted

What time do you take the medication? I wonder if taking it at night will help
    • Posted

Oh right. Similar to me then. I guess you just got to give them more time? Hard I know
    • Posted

Hi Sarah I take mine at night and I do sleep better. On hols now so that will show if they work for me. Take care pat
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. It must be difficult when you have a family, I am n 20mg but for my balance not depression, but I feel the need to take it. My tiredness is very difficult I often go to bed at 9pm and can sleep until 8 am but I am retired so does not matter. My problem is when going out for an evening, I find it very hard. But try to keep up for my partner. Hope you feel better soon.patx
    • Posted

Thanks pat. I feel I need to sleep 9pm to 8am! Thanks for replying I am feeling less tired now so hopefully was just another side effect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.