3 weeks now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my partner is in the middle of his first, agonising outbreak of GH. Taking 400 acyclovir 3x day.

He was late starting the meds, probably 1 week in. Although his swelling is going down and pain reducing slightly, he's had 2 new bumps appear yesterday (3rd outbreak of bumps since all this started)

It just feels never ending. Does this sound normal for first outbreak?

I just feel so terrible because it was me gave it to him, from a coldsore I didnt even know I had.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It is normal for another wave of sores to appear after the initial ones. About a week after my initial, like 7 new ones popped up in one night and more the next night. Have him soak in Epsom salt baths nightly and spray Bactine on him, as it is an antiseptic and numbing spray. Unfortunately your first ob, you just have to ride it out. It will end, don't worry.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reassurance, don't have anybody else to talk to and don't want to put my anxieties on him when he's scared himself.

Haven't even begun to process the fact that l also have herpes, just not actively at the moment.

Epsom salts seem to be helping. I tried to get bactine, but am in UK and cant get it here unfortunately.

Thanks again.

• Posted

Hun, 80-90% of people have oral herpes, it is nothing to worry about and really is accepted as part of being human. It's genital herpes that has the stigma, not oral herpes. So there's nothing to stress about.

Can you order Bactine on amazon or something?

• Posted

You can order it, but shipping takes 3 weeks! Hoping he'll be much better by then?!
    • Posted

Well order it anyway, for the next time. There has to be something in the UK similar to Bactine. In the meantime, apply a heavy coating of Vaseline to help minimize friction.
    • Posted

Good idea, will do that now. Thanks for the guidance, am just not thinking straight at the moment!
  • Posted

Did you have results now? I mean better?
    • Posted

Hi, yes thank God he's all better now. He's taking multivitamins in the hope of keeping his immune system up, but l guess it's just time to get back on with life now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.