3 weeks on Mirza, still having anxiety.

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 weeks on mirta, 30mg, but I had anxiety of and on today, but mornings are the worst. Please someone encourage me . Is it still to see early to see positive changes? ? Positive thing is that I have an appetite, which I didn't have before, I just wish the meds would help with the anxiety.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi korneliabr4835 .  mirtazapine is a good medication for anxiety was you put on 30mg straight away because mirtazapine takes a few weeks  for the full affect of the dose you are taking if that is the case it explains the lack of affect you are experiencing from mirtazapine at the moment but you should be feeling better very soon it can take 3 to four week for the full affect of the drug to be in your system   you should be sleeping well at night and mirtazapine does make you eat so if you can try to do light exercise like walking or anything you like to do  . to combat weight gain and helps with anxiety and in the end it will balance things out for you. and should work well. hope the info was helpful and wish you well soon.
    • Posted

Thank you for the info. I went to ER last night with severe stomach pain. Was told my liver shows signs of inflammation, so sadly I need to wean of mirtazapine in 5 days, hoping another antidepressant will be given to me.
    • Posted

Hi korneliabr4835.Sorry to here about the hospital call.Although I'm on Mirt and it seems to help,there are alot of antidepressants out there so keep trying.Praying for you.God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Thank you Robert. Just came back from my family doctor. We did anothe lab work to see if my liver is doing ok. For right now my doc said to stay on 15 mg mirt, I might have to switch if liver count is still high. So I have to wait and see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.