3 weeks post op

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello everybody, I haven't been on for a good few days, been feeling a bit miserable.

2 out of the last 4 nights I have had terrible pain in the groin/joint area on my op side, whilst trying to sleep. I haven't over done anything and don't understand why it's happened. As soon as I get out of bed and go downstairs or during the daytime and evening it's ok, no pain!

I'm going tomorrow to hopefully get my steristrips and dressing off finally, the scar should be healed surely. And I'm desperate to be able to shower again. I wil ask the nurse about the joint pain also.

My thigh is beginning to feel much better, not to much pain unless I stretch it to far. I can walk up the stairs with the 1 crutch but 1 step per each foot ( if you know what I mean ). The thigh still feels a little tight whilst doing it but should start to ease a little now.

I can now fully dress myself, including shoes and socks, still have to use my grabber though.

Ive been walking the dog everyday now and going a little farther each time. She's loving it!

I'm also hoping to ease myself back into work in a couple of weeks if all goes well.

Hope everyone is keeping well, best wishes to all,

Mark

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mark I'm so glad you posted. Sounds like you're doing really well, but it's the sleeping battle that you're needing to conquer. And when we're tired it leads to an emotional battle against the 'hippy blues'. 

What have you tried to relieve the groin pain and help yourself sleep? I'm sure others will have struggled with this.  

I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow and am struggling emotionally. I might start a thread about what helps. when I have a mindset that is looking for a solution I can be a bit more positive. But I've been wallowing the last few days. 

• Posted

Hi Kikeena, I'm taking Tramadol and naproxen. Emotionally it is difficult, feel useless at home at the moment and I'm really clumsy, dropping everything. We just need to remember our bodies have been through a helluva lot, it does take time but we are impatient. Take your time and take it easy, we will ALL get to where we want to be.

best wishes in your recovery and keep your chin up high 😃

Mark

• Posted

We have been through a lot. It's comforting to me to hear you're still taking tramadol. I'm still on endone and feel like I shouldn't be but the pain is much without it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Keena

• Posted

Mark, I am reaching in my memory banks but are you the person who wrote that they were self employed, something to do with computers?

Just think you made it through the first two weeks. Those are the hardest. Not that there will not be some difficult days after that, but those first two weeks are behind you.

• Posted

Hi Mark sounds like your doing very well so far, I'm 2 weeks & just had my staples out yesterday, replaced with stristrips, 32 I was surprised I had that many, but I know what you mean with the steps, I had both knees replaced last yr, 1 is on a revision list as soon as this hip is good & healed, so congratulations for your stride's.

Thigh pain is somwhat a pain also, but it seems to be worse at night, but I have back issues so I think it has alot to do with that.  Keep up the great work, & enjoy your walkies smile I have a cat, she's by my side all the time, love furry company...

Take care & all the best to come.

• Posted

Hi Mark,

Just caught up with your discussion. You seem to be doing well. I am on day 20 post op and going for first ohysio session today.

I too have developed "Dropsie" syndrome. One minute I am getting a pill out of the pack and next thing I see it rolling across floor. How does a hip replacement affect hand/eye coordination? It is so annoying.

I have been for little walks on two crutches but cannot take dog in case he pulls me over, when he sees another dog. He is lovely with people but very full of himself with other males.

Yes, I hve had some awful bouts of The Blues and think I don't really want to go back out into the world. I find the less I go out the less I want to somehow. Husband would take me out but I have "lost my spark" to quote Tom Jones!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.