3 weeks post op pelvic floor repair front and back and leakage not improving

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi , im 3 weeks into recovery , doing everything i should ! Walking a little more each day , but stopping when it feels uncomfortable , but leakage not improving . Im becoming worried now , Gp says early days and Consultant said no pelvic floor exercise for 6 weeks , think leakage would be better if i did pelvic floor exercise . Did not leak before op Any advice Ladies x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Tracey

yiur consultant is so right..no exercise till at least 6 weeks while yiu have stitches.

not to worry yiu but these ops can leave you with leakage as with the prolapse it kinks the urethra

and can prevent the leakage while yiu had the prolapse.

I'm sure once you are okay to do your pelvuc floor you will start to see improvements but it can take a couple of months to strengthen your muscles and help leakage.

its soo early days for yiu yet and keep resting up till at least 6 weeks. take carexx

• Posted

hi Tracey

I am thinking of having my back wall done.. how was the pain afterwards?

I found my anterior repair pain free.x

• Posted

Hi , After the first week pain not really a problem just very uncomfatable . Not pain free but managble . Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.