3 Weeks post op UTI :-(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello girls just got back from the doctors and I've got thrush and a UTI knew I didn't feel great :-( has anyone else had these problems? Haven't started my pelvic floor which is worrying me but I still feel weak and I'm resting loads :-( I would have thought week 3 I would be feeling loads better! Doesn't do me any favours reading things as people are driving at 3 weeks :-( I suppose we all heal in different ways! I keep randomly crying I think it's frustration more than anything! Fed up, still in pain. Wind is still there every day and I'm constipated....will I get better??? Xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen Yes you will get better.   I had vaginal hysterectomy in May, I got an Infection the Antibiotics made me feel ill and then got thrush but once that cleared I started to feel better. The wind and bloatedness took a few weeks to go.  I think it took me to about 12-14 weeks before I felt recovered but as you say everyone can recover differently. I didn't drive until about 6 weeks. Just concentrate on resting and not lifting anything, no houswork etc and taking short walks each day when your upto it. Good luck with the rest of your recovery xx

• Posted

Hi, Karen,

Sorry to learn that you have other difficulties to deal with besides trying to get well from surgery!  Every recovery has its ups and downs.  You've had major surgery.  Outside will take 6-8 weeks to heal and inside can take up to 6 months.  

Of course you're frustrated.  Once you decide on surgery, I think it's because you want to be well--as soon as you can be!  Please try to focus on the positive, if you can.  And, remember that your hormones are now out of whack, too.

Take it easy, don't have any expectations for yourself! You will start noticing positive changes, soon. xx 

• Posted

Hi Karen! I am two weeks post op and I too had a feeling that maybe I had a bladder infection or something cuz I was still feeling pretty horrible it was still painful to sit lay down or even stand and walking around I had to hold my tummy cuz of he pain. I just started to drive again today since hubby has missed nearly two weeks of work I had to do the whole pick up kids from school and jump back in to routine again. It hasn't been easy I get home completely worn out and so sore and in pain. Constipation I had for the first week and just recently it got so much better I was drinking Miralax everyday and I was using a suppository once a day as well to help me get regulated the constipation is mainly due to the pain killers I know you are frustrated I was exactly the same way but trust me it will get better it just takes time. You know your body better than anybody else. Rest as much as u can you will literally take about 6 weeks to fully recover. Hang in there give it a few more days u should start feeling a little better soon. As long as u don't get a fever if u do be sure to call ur doctor right away. Praying for a speedy recovery💗

• Posted

Hi Marie, don't want to put a spanner in the works but does your car insurance cover you, if god forbid you had an accident, 2 weeks post op is very early to start driving and insurances are really 'nit picky' without the fact that someone is driving only 2 weeks after major surgery, could you do an emergency stop without any pain? sorry don't want to be a doom merchant, but I am worried that you could get yourself into a lot of trouble, plus you have kids in the car.

• Posted

Same thoughts crossed my mind too phoebe. Most insurance companies wont cover until after week 4 and some require a doctor's letter to confirm.

• Posted

Hi phoebewhite, wow honestly I never even thought about that I'm covered in my insurance but as far as after a surgery I don't know how they are on that. I started to drive because my doctor told me I was able to. If he had stated that it was too early or that I shouldn't be ok to drive then I wouldn't and me and my hubby would try and figure out arrangements for the kids and school. Luckily I have been ok to drive some kids got sick during the week so I didn't have to drive so much during the week and my oldest came home for winter break from college so she is here for a month and guess who is gonna help take the kids to school? ?? She offered to help so I'm truly blessed for that. Thank you all for ur concerns I'm going to double check on the insurance. It just never crossed my mind so again thank you!! I would never want to put my babies in harms way. Well I have a question for those who have had a hysterectomy I'm almost a month post op and wanted to know if u ladies started to spot or bleed for few days? I started spotting them some bleeding and ten it goes away and then it comes back I figured I was having a period he said I would still get mine. But now I'm kind of thinking it can be something else an infection from my kidneys or bladder it's already been a week like this so I'm calling my doc in the morning.

• Posted

Hello Marie I would definitely buzz the doctors and get checked out I think spotting can happen up to 6 weeks do you still have your ovaries?

I'm back at doctors this morning I've still got a water infection :-( plus yellow discharge! I'm 4 weeks I keep loosing stitches too which I thinks normal :-( I was catheterised twice after surgery so I think that's why I'm getting these issues with the water works and yeast infections! I'm coming back a bloke me!!! Let us know how you get on xxx

• Posted

I have only one ovary left my right one. I did spot but just a little bit after surgery maybe for like 2-3 days then it completely stopped. It just started up a week ago again at first light spotting then it was brownish and now it's like red again and I'm not too sure if it's a period or if it's my kidneys I'm only spotting and bleeding on the top of my pad which is making me think it's not a period. Waiting for doc office to open soon so that I can call and see wha he wants me to do I still have some pain and discomfort but that should be normal since I haven't fully healed I don't have any stitches since they didn't make any big incisions they used dermabond glue over it.

• Posted

Hi Karen, for a lot of women, week 3 was about the time it felt like a step back was taken instead of feeling better. It will improve honestly. Lots of women also feel frustrated around this point too, desperate to 'get on with life', but it is major surgery and a marathon recovery.  80% healed internally by 6 months approx but can take up to a year for complete recovery.  Rushing it will only bring later problems. Hormones and infections, constipation and frustration, all part and parcel of recovery.  Most insurance companies wont cover driving before 4-6 weeks minimum. Folks could find themselves not covered if in accident because of major surgery clause. Take all the help you can get and rest as much as possible. It's usually around week 12-14 before most folks are feeling anything like normal, and/or should/could return to work. Best wishes on your recovery

• Posted

Hi, Karen!  Good advice and information from you and Phoebe!  When I had all my "works" taken out, my doctor assured me that I'd start to feel wonderfully well as soon as 3 weeks afterwards.  I had mine done on July 18, and I'm just now beginning to start working towards some sort of fitness!

Fortunately, we all support each other on this site! xxx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.