3 weeks since I stopped Lexapro (escitalopram)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started decrease from Lexapro from 20-10mg on 7/11/16 and from 10mg to 5mg on 5 December and took my last one on 18/12/16.

Feeling like crap over xmas, went to doctor in new year and she said it was viral infection. Now Im beginning to think is it from SSRI withdrawal??

Anxious, Excessive tiredness, aches and pains, difficulty swallowing (more so than normal), hot and cold sweats (very bad in nighttime, I do be drowned), Panic attacks (more often than normal)

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you gettimg headaches ? Any nausea?...is this viral infection going around or ..?
    • Posted

No headaches, Nausea yes.

There is a lot of sickness going around at the moment like flu and pnaenia and viral infections etc.

I also have a short temper at the moment, ready to flip at any moment

• Posted

I ask because lately i havent veen feeling well myself...very nauseas...dull aches in one side of head here and there.....you were probably used to the medication in ny opinion..i never try taking medication..
    • Posted

Yeah shar Im on a cocktail of drugs since I am 17 years of age, it cant be right
  • Posted

I slowly weened off Zoloft two years ago and felt great for one week. After that the panic attacks and anxiety came back with a vengeance. I am thinking because my body wasn't producing enough serotonin since Zoloft did for so long. I should have exercised, ate a healthy diet and taken a natural supplement for serotonin while tapering off Zoloft. So for me instead I got back on Zoloft and it took months to really kick back in. I believe when we get sick that it aggravates anxiety so it's hard to know.

You know your body best so discuss your options with your doctor if your symptoms continue.

• Posted

I was put on Zoloft but never took them...how do they make you feel?
    • Posted

I am doing so much better taking the Zoloft. Getting back on I had much anxiety. It did take a few months before I stopped having anxiety. Anxiety will peek in sometimes but not nearly as bad as when I got completely off and the beginning of restarting. For the most part I do better on it. I get dry mouth and stomach issues sometimes but not enough to stop taking it. There is a DNA Test that can be done to determine the best fit med for you. Ask your doctor.
    • Posted

Yeah its hard to know whats going on but again last night woke up in a ball of sweat in the middle of night, couldnt catch my breath, severe palpitations. Not right
    • Posted

Before when I took them I noticed a difference but this time I was still suffering with bad panic attacks and anxiety so that was one of the main reasons I said Id come off them because they were not doing what they were meant to do
    • Posted

I dont think Ireland are as advanced as that, never heard of anything like that been done here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.