3 weeks till op -nervous

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi all , new on here , having op 3 weeks tomorrow , nervous but hoping all will go well .  im only 40 and just wondering if anyone else has had op at this age on here ? any advice appreciated also , regarding before and after - many thanks biggrin

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You are all soooo kind - I think im going to like it here :-D thankyou all so much for advice and tips ,you will deffo be seeing lots of me . I went to hip school today , which was just going over the procedure ,recovery etc . Three weeks and counting !!! B-) xx
    • Posted

I can  vouched for Rose,khippie!!!!  priceless information  --- she also had  the holidays to deal with and last minute cancellation of her surgery .... 

You will have to go through it all by yourself, darling - but you are not alone - 

• Posted

Hi I am also on the youngish side (52) and was very apprehensive about the actual surgery as I did not know till the last minute what approach was being done and also was not happy about the possibility of not getting a general.  I was an NHS patient who was shipped to private clinic so I had no opportunity to discuss anything with the surgeon or anaesthetist in advance. In the end I got a light general and a spinal and a posterior approach and was blissfully unconcious throughout.  I am now day 9 and today was out shopping with my daughter.  Yes with sticks and some discomfort but I am determined.  I have improved so much in the last few days as I am home in my own bed (husband has been kicked into the spare room! sorry Gordon) and can get some decent sleep.  You must must must percevere with your excercises as you need to retrain your muscles and your leg is a very heavy thing to move around.  There will be emotions, I cannot lie but you will get through it.  I get stitches out on Monday (day 13) and this will be my first day at home by myself.  However I plan to do a lot of work from home - much can be done on the lap top - and keep up my excercises and eat well.  You will be fine.  Keep positive and I would agree to getting your core strength in good shape prior to op. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.