3 wks after Total Hysterectomy old style - abdominal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well not to mention how ugly stomach looks due to muffin top above scar which I did NOT have before surgery.  The part I am having hard time with is I cannot stop going to the bathroom to pee.  Every 15-30 minutes I have to go and sometimes as soon as I go and sit back down, I have to go again.  Is this normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Lisa,

Check with your doctor...you could have a UTI.  Many women don't have the pain on urinating,  They feel as if they have the flu, exhausted, headachy, peeing frequently.  You had a catheter inserted in your urethra during surgery, and this can cause a UTI.

If you do have a UTI, I suggest you start taking probiotics with the antibiotics.  Later on, after you've healed, you can look into a cream to keep your vagina free from irritation, as this can be a factor in recurring UTI's.  

Best of luck to you.  Please let me know how you get on.    

• Posted

No, that is mot normal. Has it been like that since op? You need to take a mid-stream urine sample to Dr. for testing. What a bummer about your scar. What's Surgeons excuse for the mess?

• Posted

Oh noooo. You poor girl. And not a UTI so where to from here? Bummer
    • Posted

Not sure.  My doctor went into labor early so didn't get to see her this past Thursday, so have to see different doctor today 4:45 to hopefully find something out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.