3 years, 6 different GI Physicians, diagnosed with everything but real Problem! "Diverticulitis"

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am not kidding, these Physicians here in Las Vegas Nv. have diagnosed me with Scar Tissue,IBS,IBD,etc,etc,.  CAT Scans MRI's,MRA's,ECG's on and on. Hospitalized twice, sent home with Morphine tablets and a "Well we have no idea statement! I have had a $6000 plus travel $$$ for a Clear Passage treatment for Scar Tissue which was not the problem! Referred to the Mayo Clinic which would not see me. I have had "maybe" 90 days of life pain free in the last 3 1/2 years.Two (2) colonoscopies, both of which indicated Diverticulosis sacs. The infection of Diverticulitis was never mentioned. I have recently proven to myself that my pain is indeed the infected sacs.  HAS ANYONE TRIED BENTONITE CLAY?  If so at what dosage and does it cause constipation? Another problem when the bowel is inflamed. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Never heard of it. I take fybergel mabevarine and a probiotic tablet every morning this is helping me 
  • Posted

Sorry I cant help with this one I live in the UK and take cosmocol every day which softens my stools I get it on prescription.  God bless our NHS here in the UK contrary to bad press I wouldn't be here without it.

• Posted

I agree Christine I wouldn't ether. I couldn't afford to pay medical bills. I get fybergel and mabevarine on prescription is fybergel the same as cosmocol ? 

• Posted

I was prescribed cosmocol by our nurse practitioner who is brilliant and is allowed to spent more time with patients than gps so has time to give lots of good advice.  I did try fybrogel as lots of people on here use it so I bought some initially to see how I got on with it but to be honest it didn't suit me as I was getting lots of cramps and trapped wind so I went back to cosmocol which is much lighter on my stomach and works well I go to the toilet once a day and my stools are soft if they do become a bit lumpy I take one sachet in the morning and one in the afternoon and it does the trick I really must learn not to rush around though on the days I go to a gym class early I go before my usual bowel movement and that is definitely a no no for me because I don't then go for the rest of the day and the following day my stools are lumpy, I don't suppose the gym class could be rescheduled to suit my bowel movements by any chance  do you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.