3 years after partial hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 years since partial hysterectomy i have ovaries and cervix still i still get like a dark brown discharge when im due what would of been my period time and lasts a few days!! anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI Angela

Have you asked your doctor if its normal? I was left with only my ovaries and not had anything since my surgery which was 5 years ago.

• Posted

i am definitely not an expert but is it possible that you had endometriosis? in that case, is it possible that there was endometrial tissue left behind in your abdomen? If that is the case, I think it is possible that the remaining tissue could still bleed a little bit monthly. At least that is how i understand it. Obviously, you would have to talk to your doctor

• Posted

hi yes i had quite severe endometriosis my doc said a while ago it was ok it could be because im left with my cervix and ovaries etc x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.