3 years and still suffering, an help would be great.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

Like most people on here I have been suffering over around 3 years now, I have tried so many different things and the consistency and odor of the BV has changed a lot, wondering if anyone has any suggestions that I have tried yet that worked.

My bv started off smelling really bad with a light consistency. I have tried....

The BV gels

Organic coconut oil (up there)

Plain yougart (up there)

Douching with apple cider vinegar and water

Vitamin c and rose hip oil ( up there)

Boric acid capuals (up there)

Folic acid and vitamin d supplement oraly

3 different types of Antibiotics.

This was the last thing I had.

My discharge came back after all of these and is now odourless but it's really really thick.

Has anyone tried anything else that worked? I've spent so much money on different things now and started to worry it may never go. sad

Hope to hear back from someone, thank you xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would def suggest not putting anything elseup there. I have had a lot of success with eating healthier taking probiotic and making a plain yogurt smoothie with spinach andfruit everyday. just simplify your diet and make sure you get rid of any constipation or leaky gut. That has worked for me. I'm still a work in progress but thoes things brought me success.
  • Posted

Hi there,

first of all, I don't really have any help because I'm in the exact same boat. I've had this for 5 years, 6 years and still aren't any closer to finding a cure.

I've tried many things, like you have tried.

Hydrogen peroxide douches

vitamin C suppositories

cutting out wheat and sugar

boric acid suppositories

gels

probioitcs (regular kind and women's kind for BV)

kefir (more probiotics)

Plus the usual common sense stuff, such as no tight underwear, no washing with soap.

Folic acid  - I'm currently on 1600 mcg per day

Vitamin D

I'm sure there's a few more things I've tried but have forgotten to list. It's hard to keep track after all these years... sad

Best wishes. I hope you find a cure soon.

• Posted

Yes I've suffered for so long & I'm praying one day I'll never have to suffer from this disease 😥 so I've been taking vitamins they said it's not going to show a difference right away but it will soon I'm taking probiotics, Bcomplex and vitamin 3d. Dr. Oz said that's what helps bacteria vaginosis in just giving it time because it's not going to show right away I think putting stuff in the vaginal area makes things worst so I hope we all find a cure good luck 😔
  • Posted

Hi - you need to see the post from a lady called Ginger on this website. It explains everything about treating BV.  Basically she recommends

sorting the ph out by using Actigel and probiotics. She also had a progesterone issue so sometimes there may be a hormonal link and finding a good doctor is key to resolving the problem.  

• Posted

I had vaginitis for 4 months. The way that it was finally cured: I asked to be treated for mycoplasma genitalium. This bacteria causes a high pH and recurrent BV. And no one screens for it, and flagyl doesn't kill it. If you want to be tested: labcorp test 180089. Treatment is 5 day z-pack. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.