3 years FS still have extreme tightness with scapula and side pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with right FS 3 years ago and underwent 6 months painful physiotherapy. During this time my upper back became really tight like being in a straitjacket and I developed severe pain in my right scapula, right side and ribs. I cant sit back in a chair or lie down on a bed without being in severe pain. Every time I sit back I get severe pain in my scapula followed by pain in right ribs and under armpit. This has been the same ever since and I despair that I will ever get away from this pain. The consultant said this was all part FS.

After the physio my ROM in my right arm was quite reasonable so I was discharged by the consultant even though I stiil was in pain. 2 1/2 years later I am still suffering and dont know where to turn as I just cant rest because of the excruciating pain when I sit or lie down. Doctors seem to have forgotten that these symptoms were once labelled as 'part of FS'. Has anyone else had similar experience or can offer any advice as I am so desperate for help.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi, thankyou to colin, piper and Michelle for taking the time to reply, it has been a great help and morale boost. Kind regards and best wishes to all. I will come back at a later date with an update on progress.karl

• Edited

hi Karl

i was just totting up the physio sessions to date to get to somewhere normal and i just passed the 200 mark over 43 months.

3 hydrodilatations

2 guided tendon injections

3 standard steroid injections

1 right shoulder decompression

1 left shoulder decompression

1 full shoulder/ capsule removal

1 bicep tendon repositioning

8 months off work recovering post op in three goes.

and a partridge in a pear tree lol.

but no days off sick due to the ache

at the worst i was attending every other day post ACR operation to keep me ROM.

now its weekly in between my vigourous 2kg work outs lol.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.