3 years of depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

This is my story

I suffered with depression and anxiety in my early 20s doc gave me citalopram and after about a year I was back to my old self doc said stay on the meds because when I stopped taking them I went backwards then about 3 years ago they stoped working do upped dose with no joy since then I've tried about 6 different ad,s with no joy went back to citalapram felt even worse now Ive been on escitalapram for just over 3 months 9 weeks 10mg 5 weeks 15mg and a week on 20mg and still feel low and got anxiety I've had lots of therapy Cbt Accpunture Hypnotherpy and currently having edmr spent a fortune my doc seems to have run out of ideas I've seen a pyc doctor for half a hour and she said its PTSD my Cbt man who I was seeing for about 9 months and knows me well laugh at that and said its not ptsd I asked my doc to refer me again to see pyc and he said he can't just do that and upped me to 20mg of escitalapram and said to go and see him in 2 weeks I feel let down with the system and stuck in a rut 3 year like this it's so frustrating

ANY ADVICE PLEASE ????????

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry hear your story ,but not surprised. I feel the mental health system

is letting people down. Going from one counsellor to another just makes for confusion.

Although I havent any real advice to give you, don't give up hope

Keep in touch , we all on here are in similar situations

• Posted

Medication is a small part to get you on track, keep trying everything you can do it
    • Posted

Thanks for encouragement mean a lot at times I feel I can beat this its just the times I go in to myself and the negative thoughts start witch I really believe
  • Posted

Hello

It is important that you know the reasons for your conditions as you need to address your concerns.

In my case I have made many changes in my life choices and that has seemed to give me more confidence. I am still a bit compulsive and will try different things to keep my Mood on even keel.

Give above a try and see how you get on

BOBĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.