Is there no solution to this ?

I get "excruciating" pain when I don' t sit down to "reset" the joint

The other knee is now going as well

I am 55 yrs old

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was offered no PT after the op - the physio got me to bend my knee to 90 degrees - a month after the op and signed me off !

In the last two years - I have spent over £5000 on PT sessions at my local gym ...

• Posted

terrible to do that to you. where did you have it done?

mary

• Posted

so Sorry you are going through all of that. And I am three years pkr and doing great. the only thing is if I overdo activity I do get a little bit of pain and sometimes some swallowing. I think that goes the same for those that have had total knee replacements.

I was not sent to physical therapy they don’t send you for a partial knee replacement. At least not my doctor. I had exercises that I did at home and that worked out just fine. Seems like you should go back to the doctor and see what the issue is because at this point you shoukd be doing better.

all the best

Debbie

• Posted

i have been told in a small number of cases this op is not a success. HOwever on being given this information from the boss's (surgeon) registrar, i broke down and cried and asked if I could have a second opinion to which the answer from the boss was we will send you for a triple bone scan which is at the end of June. will keep you posted. ive lost the will to to anymore !!

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your problems with your TKR, I do hope you can find a solution to all your knee troubles, wish i could help you, but I'm clueless in this field.Best Wishes for the future

• Posted

In my case - my tendons had stretched prior to the op and have since returned to the stretched state - which means my joints are hyperextended - hence continued pain

I understand that there is nothing that can be done ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.