30/500 Co codamol

Posted , 3 users are following.

can someone please advise me. I have been taking 30/500 co codamol for a number  of years (usually 8 a day) for bad back but then I had surgery twice this year and I’m taking at least  twelve a day x I have started to feel really nervous jittery and heart fluttering ( just started on hrt so not sure if anything to do with that x BUT I need to get off these please advice how to x can’t go to my go as I was buying them online x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Honor,

I didn't know you could get these online, are you in the UK.

I've bern on the 30/500 for well over 7yrs, only 8 x per day, I also take 30mg codeine around 6 x per day. I would suggest strongly you get help from your GP, I know you said you didn't want to go that way, but 12 x per day is too high, way too high.

Please get yourself to the doc's, I'm sure they would be happy to help you out,

All the best.😀

Pete

• Posted

Yes I’m in the UK  and u can get on from different Pharamices x I’m goin to cut down daily as I defo can’t go to my GP x I have had 3 today x
    • Posted

I am more than a bit concerned that you are taking codeine as well as co-codamol. Is that under medical supervision?  My doctor has always told me that I should not take both as they are both opiates and therefore make people susceptible to addiction unless taken for very severe pain.
    • Posted

Yep the doctor was ok with it, I was taking up to 10 co-codamol per day, this was not good as it's way to much paracetamol. and this is why I was told to stick to max 8 co-codamol and some codeine when necessary.

I need to talk with doctor soon and try to come down on them.

Stay safe

Pete 😀

• Posted

Why can't you go to your GP?  Co-cocadamol is supposed to only be available on prescription because it is an opiate and that means it can be dangerous if taken without medical supervision. 12 per day isn't a vast amount but I would say that if you are determined not to go to your GP then you are best gradually tapering off to 8 per day.  Or did you mean you want to get off them altogether, in which case you need to work out how you are going to deal with your back pain

• Posted

I’m trying to cut them out if at all possible 3  yesterday and 3 today so far 
    • Posted

Hi,

How ya getting on with cutting back on the tablets, wish you all the luck, had any bad symptoms yet,

Stay safe😀

Pete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.