30/500 co codamol addiction

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Im 29 yr old male. I'm on day 4 on comoin cold turkey off the co codamol.

I feel very depressed, sad, and dull. My partner said to me on Friday i never smile anymore. I'm usually a hapy smily person, but i'm an addcit. I MUST come off these vile pills. I was taking as much as i wanted and buing them off online pharmacy. How desperate,, I'm a shell of my won self. I want the happy, bubbly person back. 

Can anyone advise, what im in for. Is feelinging this low and depressed going to pass? I woke up this morening with an empt void feeling inside. I'm just in work now and counting down the hours

any help, please?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Coming of cold turkey you should be over

The withdrawals in 4/7 days. Your sleep

Pattern takes 2-4 weeks to go back to

Normal and the RLS may be a while longer.

Good luck take care,

Kate.

X

• Posted

Hi Katz,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I determied to do this. Like i said i feel dead inside, at the moment, the feeling low is worse, as I'm not gettig that 'buzz' no more.  It just hit home when my partner said I don't smile no more, like the life has been took out of me. I feel empty today, but i'm hoping taking these vile things has not casues depresson in me, and it a withdraw to feel down

Thanks for your time xx

• Posted

I am also addicted to codeine 😢

I WAS taking upto 64+ Nurofen plus

Every day, I went to the Dr who gave me codeine phosphate 30mg 6 a day.

I've managed to stick to it 😊 I loved

The "buzz" but you will never get that

First buzz back! Hence the saying

"trying to chase the dragon" coming

Off codeine can cause depression,

But it will pass I promise! Take care,

Kate

X

• Posted

Hi kate,

Thanks again for your reply.

It mad what we are doing to our selves. Trying to get this 'buzz' 

I've started with a cold, and big headache to had to take peracetamol to take the edge off.

I am determied. I can't go through life like this, Im finding the low / depressing part hard, but i need to accept it part of coming off the pills.

I will update daily

Thanks again x

• Posted

coming off any meds specially if you are addicted to them is good but what you soul have done first is seek your doctors advise about coming off them all to gether really you should have reduced the amount you take daily  and then stop when you feel that you are ready to come off them all to gether 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.