30, Male, Stress Incontinence?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last few months, I've noticed that I seem to leak a tiny bit of urine upon exertion. It doesn't happen all the time, and I can never get it to trigger on my own (like if I drink a liter of water and then cough or jump around), but when I exercise, I can feel a few drops of urine slowly dripping down my urethra and eventually leaks into my pants.

Last July, I went to a Urologist who gave me a DRE and said my prostate was "fine" (soft, normal size).

However - this problem doesn't seem to be getting any better. I went to my GP last week and she said I have a "UTI", which is very uncommon in men (urine tested positive for leukocytes).

She gave me some antibiotics, but I'm just worried it's something more serious, since this typically doesn't occur in healthy men without prostate surgery.

Could this all just be a UTI? It's embarrassing every way around.

Please help / thanks! smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I should note that my PSA is also quite low - 0.5
  • Posted

A low PSA is excellent news.

Leukocytes in the urine mean an infection so your GP is right to give you antibiotics...make sure you complete the course and if  you feel it hasnt cleared then go back so your doctor can re-assess and probably give you a different antibiotic.  

Do you drink plenty?   Lack of fluid can sometimes be the reason for male UTIs,as it leads to a concentrated urine,which bacteria love..

Do you practise Pelvic floor exercises?     This may be something you should try to strengthen that sheet of muscle that is like a sling between your legs. Ask your doctor about them or search on line.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.